4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Help! Injector Problem?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jackeroophil

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 13:31    Post subject: Help! Injector Problem? Reply with quote

Newbie Trooper owner.
I have just acquired 2003 Trooper 3.0 Citation.
The previous owner had changed the turbo. I test drove it at purchase and all seemed fine. I Drove for 200 motorway miles without issue. When leaving motorway driving 50 mile over hilly terrain it developed lumpiness, especially at lower revs. this gradually got worse and was producing big puffs of black smoke and became undriveable. Recovered last 30 miles to home. Now the car will not start at all.
Checking oil it seems over high, higher than when i checked at purchase and smells of diesel (I didn't sniff test at purchase). Am about to drain the oil to check what volume comes out.
Having read forum posts and you tube videos plus enquiring via FB group, I think I am going to have a look at the injectors. Whilst I am in there I guess that I would be well advised to change all the seals on injectors and their sleeves. I am currently trying to locate a sleeve puller if anyone is selling one or knows where they are available? (only available one i have seen is from AUS via eebuygum), UK suppliers seem to be out of stock. I know i can make a tool from expanding bolt but expect that may damage the sleeves.
Is there a way I check the injectors for correct performance once removed?
Any advice on doing this job would be much appreciated. Is there anything else I should be checking for before/whilst heading to injector and sleeve removal and seal changes?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 13:31    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can't do anything with the injectors as it will be an internal seal in one of them leaking diesel in to the oil section of the injector as thats the most common fault, they can also crack the head and leak diesel that way as well. if you take them out and send us the injectors we can pressure test them to find out how many are leaking. if there are any leaking it's best to replace them, there are companies who claim to be able to rebuild them but they are not able to regrade them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: