QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Possible turbo problem engine ran on own oil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Orrible.1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 17:31    Post subject: Possible turbo problem engine ran on own oil Reply with quote

I've been offered a 52 plate trooper 3.0 , non runner at present, current owner says he was driving along and engine started revving till it was screaming and couldn't stop it, it eventually stopped on its own and has not tried restarting since,  he was told turbo, I think there's too much oil in it looking at oil level,
Has anyone had this happen and what damage did it do to it, ie valves bent or any other damage or would I be lucky enough to drain some oil or replace turbo ? I know its an unknown but if anyone had it happened and engine survived,
Thank you all
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 17:31    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

could quite possibly be to much oil due to an issue with either injector seals, injectors, cracked head, basically the oil gets diluted with diesel and either sucks it in to the intake via the breathing system or it scores a cylinder which then kills the engine and turbo or both.
take the intake pipe to turbo off which is probably full of oil and feel what the turbo impeller moves like, there shouldn't be to much movement a little bit is fine but if it's wiggling around like a sausage up an ally its had it. if it feels ok then drain the oil and change the filters and see if it will fire up.
either way it could be an expensive fix
Orrible.1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 18:12    Post subject: Taken head off now Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, ive taken the head off now, hole in piston and scored bore, a shame as rest of vehicle is good, head was replaced a few years ago with new head at great expense looking through all the receipts,
my next question is does anyone know about engine removal on these beasts 52plate 3.0, or is there a section on here that covers it, looks like a nasty job,
thanks Ian
eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 18:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

gearbox out and then it's quite easy
Orrible.1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Eithan, I did think of that actually after I posted my question, first one of the 3.0 I've bought, I was on this forum years ago I had mk1 2.8, and a few 3.1 then could never find a decent one ended up with a Terrano for last 7 years, it needs replacing now and need something to tow with etc so found this very solid 3.0 just need to make it run, if I replace engine do injectors need coding or better to swap for my injectors
thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: