4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

3.1 into a 3.0 conversion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Orrible.1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:05    Post subject: 3.1 into a 3.0 conversion Reply with quote

Has anyone on here done this, is it possible and what has to be done and required,
Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Versatile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. The 3.1 will fit straight in on the existing engine mounts and should bolt to the 3.0 gearbox. You need to decide which flywheel and clutch you're going to use but either will work. The housing on the engine needs to be from the 3.0 car. Not all the bolts will line up but it can be done with most of them.
If you're that way inclined you can even get the tacho to work but it takes a bit of drilling and jiggery pokery ( and the 3.0  flywheel ).
If I was doing it again I'd weld up the 3.0 DMF before putting it on the 3.1 crank.
I've used the 3.0 turbo too but it's a bit of a faff.
The only wire you really need is for the fuel shut off on the injection pump but I found the glow plug control wire and put a separate switch to the cab.
The 3.0 exhaust can be used but check for the right size pipe and where it will connect. Like I said I've used the bigger turbo but it did need a bit of cutting and shutting to get it all to fit.

I also painted the engine bay while the motor was out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: