All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

1995 Bighorn Auto 3.1TD 4JG2 4WD Starting issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johneeeblaze

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:38    Post subject: 1995 Bighorn Auto 3.1TD 4JG2 4WD Starting issues Reply with quote

Hello All,

So here's my problem. My 1995 Bighorn Auto 3.1TD 4JG2 4WD will crank but not start. When I turn the key there is a clicking noise coming from both the injection pump, (I have the electronic pump) and the glow plug relay. Checked for fuel at the pump, there is. Checked for fuel at injectors, nothing. So fuel is getting to the pump but not coming out of it. Paid a lot of money to a shop who said the pump needed to be rebuilt. So they rebuilt it, installed it, reset timing and everything was fine for about a week. Went out one morning and the clicking noise was back in the pump. Wouldnt start. No fuel at injectors. Towed it back to the shop that rebuilt the pump. For whatever reason when they tried to start it, it turned over right away, no clicking. They kept for a couple of days looking over the wiring and said they found some loose connections which they sured up. Each day they would start it and let it run for a couple hours, and had no starting issues. I went and picked it up and it started fine. All was good for two days. Tried to start this morning and the clicking was back in the pump. Won't start again. I've now paid to rebuild a pump that might not have needed to be rebuilt in the first place as the original clicking issue comes and goes, not to mention having to pay to have it towed twice.  I'm assuming it's an electrical issue somewhere but nobody seems to be able to figure it out. Can anyone help?

Just for reference, new glow plugs were also installed at time of injection pump rebuild
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:38    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: