2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Speedometer and overdrive not working.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trooper1993

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:58    Post subject: Speedometer and overdrive not working. Reply with quote

I have a 1993 Trooper 3.1 Auto lwb. The speedometer has stopped working and the overdrive also does not engage anymore.

I checked that the vss drive unit is still rotating when the the gearbox rotates, it all checked out o.k.

I checked the speed sensor  and also installed a new one just to be safe . I also checked the wiring to the speed sensor and the speedometer and it also checks out o.k.

I suspect the speedometer head unit itself is faulty, I have looked for a replacement but can't find one anywhere. There are newer speedometers with the lcd odomter, but I don't know if these would work?  It has the  earlier type with rotating number odometer.

The speedometer has had a new face at some stage to convert it to mph.

Can anyone help with more info on sourcing a replacement speedometer or getting it repaired?

The main problem is  the lack of overdrive , if I could get this to work without the speedometer it would also be a big improvement.

Any help would be most appreciated
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:58    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

they burn a track out on the pcb on the back of the head, if your handy with a soldering iron sometimes you can solder a wire in it's place
trooper1993

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, I'll take the speedo out and have a good look.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: