2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

front windscreen washer bottle pumps 1998 TROOPER 2999

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other Trooper queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clive Morgan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:23    Post subject: front windscreen washer bottle pumps 1998 TROOPER 2999 Reply with quote

good morning all,
Please can anyone assist - I have 2 defective pumps on the washer system of front screen washer bottle - have checked all aspects of the system. does anyone know where I can buy new replacements. My vehicle is an ISUZU TROOPER 2999 Diesel 1998 and I have had it since new with very little issues. Its been a great motor and due for MOT next month!

I have tried Milner's at Derby, KS International at Ruislip, and Japanese 4 x 4, without success. The pumps removed ( 1 has MC1 - 12 JIDECO 76A on it, the other only has MITSUBA Japan on it) for ID purposes.

Any assistance gratefully appreciated and Thank you, Regards, Clive.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:23    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

C.B.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I remember these things causing me no end of hassle.  My top pump (headlamp washer) decided to spring a leak a few years ago and dumped the contents of the bottle onto the floor. At that time it was going to be a order from Japan job from our main dealer in Edinburgh at about £75. I tried everywhere and ended up on parts souq's website (Dubai) and ordered one of the top pumps there for £47.
the top pump (A) which is the headlamp one is 8978075380
the bottom pump (B) is the main washers pump and it's 8978075110
they plug into the tank using rubber grommets and their part numbers are:
top (A) 8943520500
bottom (B) 8978075120

Anyway, just about 1 year later the new top pump failed and started to leak in the same fashion. This time I opened it up and with a lot of failures I eventually found an o-ring that was the correct size to replace the top cap seal with, tightened everything up, popped it back in, and (fingers crossed) it's still ok.

The top pump is pretty unique and I could not find an aftermarket the correct shape, nozzle angles or sizes to fit, the bottom pump however seemed to have quite a few copies available even on E bay, but thankfully I didn't have to go down that road.  My plan B was to put tapered rubber bungs in the tank's pump holes, drill out a centre hole through the bung, fit plastic tubes into the holes and plumb out from the tank to 2 brand new readily available generic pumps.  I even bought the tapered bungs on E bay in case I needed to go to plan B.

Hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other Trooper queries All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: