All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

3.1TD - lots of oil comming out of rocker breather pipe !!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alcudia

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 21:04    Post subject: 3.1TD - lots of oil comming out of rocker breather pipe !! Reply with quote

Hi

I have just stuck a new turbo on a 3.1TD 4JG2-T as it was spewing oil into the inlet manifold and it has only partly cred the problem. I am still getting oil into the manifold from the rocker box breather. the diafram in the top of the cver is intact and the spring seems good. I am totally at a loss as all the breathers i can find (only one on the side of the dipstick and the one on the rocker cover) are clear.

The engine starts first click and does not smoke if this pipe is not connected so i dont think the rings are gone.

What the ***** am i missing here - please help before i go nuts (i have just done 3 full days in the poring rain with this).

Thanks

Lee
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 21:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jonkem

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 8:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at lots of pics of engines on eebuygum for example, 90% of 2.8s & 3.1s have oil staining around the intake tract. So it's reasonable to assume some blow-by is normal. After all, everyone who lists one of these cars say they run superbly!

I am working on a possible cure for this as I have a 2.8 that is gradually filling the FMI with oil and restricting the airflow. I am proposing an oil catch tank with a drain down to the sump which should put the oil back to where it's supposed to be Smile
2000 Astra Estate (work)
2006 VXR Astra
MK1 SR Nova
alcudia

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

It certainly seems to be a perenial problem - however i am burning about a litre every 30mls - so i think i ay have a larger them average problem!!!

I am going to jerry rig an old oil container today wth a long inlet and a short return to the inlet manifold and just keep manually recycling the oil every few days. If it is an incurable - thing to live with - problem i will make something more perminant.

All the best
- keep me informed if you make an "off the shelf" solution.
Lee
jonkem

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 litre every 30 miles Question Whoa....that isn't just a little problem. What happens if you take the dipstick out when it's running?
2000 Astra Estate (work)
2006 VXR Astra
MK1 SR Nova
Philp

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 8:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got to say, it sounds like it's time for some major investigations if it's using that much fuel, that or a secondhand engine. I would think you've got some knackered rings somewhere.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
alcudia

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 12:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the bulet has been bitten and its off in for the head off (and probably a re-build) on Tuesday.

Will keep you posted on the outcome!

Lee
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: