2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Rear Tyres Driving Me Insane???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iceman292

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 0:30    Post subject: Rear Tyres Driving Me Insane??? Reply with quote

Hi Folkes

New Memeber and must say what a great site. Everyone seems to offer good sound advice spent the last hours reading comments have been shocked by all the stuff I have learned.

The problem/s & Questions I need help with are......

1. Rear Tyres. I have a 1992 (import) Izuzu Bighorn 3.1TD Lotus the rear tyres keep wearing from the inside on both wheels. I have had it to several garages that have given me some great excuses. a) it's normal wear, b) the rear axel is too short, c) the traction rods are too long, d) it's my drivimg. the final one surprised me as been a fire fighter I'm specially trained to drive 4x4 and often use mine to go off roading for training. Is there anyone out there that has had similar problems and how they got it sorted. I have reputable tyres on the front ones seem to last the best part of a year before needing replacing the rear are only lasting 4 months max.

2. I'm looking at the possibility of urgrading to duel fuel and was wondering if anyone has had this modification done and how much it cost.

3. Does anyone know where I can get a set of decals for the beast as some of the letters are fading

4. Can anyone recommend a good mechanic in North Yorkshire I'm near York and need someone reliable. Also a good place to find spares and other accessories.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 0:30    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jonkem

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Iceman,

for spares & service parts www.milneroffroad.com

The rear tyres is a strange one and the best bet apart from checking that they are the correct wheel fitment, is to find a tyre supplier that has the best 4 wheel allignment computer available. They can check the correct alignment of the rear axle and it's straightness.
We have a centre in Watford that is amazing, so good you have to book a week in advance to get on the machine! I can't help you with locating one in Yorkshire though.
2000 Astra Estate (work)
2006 VXR Astra
MK1 SR Nova
more x 4

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 15:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry guys,i couldn't recommend milners,think "poundland" and you'll know why Wink

we are working on getting discount from isuzu,and do get discount from ADL
markymoan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 15:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a live axle on the rear i cant see that many things that can cause it,
I would check the bearings and axle alignment, other than that i'm stumped Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

think "mini" mark Wink
markymoan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

more x 4 wrote:
think "mini" mark Wink

But mini's have a silly subframe with swinging arms Confused

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 23:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, I think he means negative camber under load. IMHO Pretty extreme to achieve this on a coil sprung Trooper for a long anough period to wear the tyres enough to cause a complaint. Possibly if it is used as a builders truck everyday and more likely with a MKI as the loading points are nearer the centreline of the axle.

Won't touch ADL after a brand new cambelt lost all its teeth within 5km.
2000 Astra Estate (work)
2006 VXR Astra
MK1 SR Nova
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: