4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Coolant leak from front of engine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mick

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:47    Post subject: Coolant leak from front of engine Reply with quote

93 3.1td bighorn

I’m just starting to get a drip of the green stuff running down the near side front of my engine, can’t quite see where it’s coming from. Looks like behind the thermostat housing but a bit lower are there any pipes prone to leaking round there or maybe the head gasket.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:47    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Philp

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure where the water pump is on these, check it's not the T-stat housing leaking first, my chevy has an annoying leak there and its down to a rust pitted intake manifold casting hence the need to switch to a tuned aluminium intake manifold (well thats what I tell the wife anyway!)

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
jjcymru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 18:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

T stat housing is a common one, undo the two bolts and use plenty of blue hylomar or instant gasket.
Mick

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 22:01    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Thanks for that, been looking again tonight and found where it’s coming from. There seems to be a flange of some kind that the water pump bolts to then that is bolted to the block its this joint against the block that’s leaking. So my next question is dose anyone have a blown up diagram of the font of these 3.1td engines so I can see how much I have to strip down to repair the leak. I have a picture but not sure how to post it.
Philp

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

From that I would guess its the water pump that is probably kanckered, they tend to only leak when goosed and most have a weep hole to let water out. If you're gonna take it off I'd budget on sticking a new one in. I know there is a 3.1 manual on disk floating around here, do a search on the forum for 3.1 manual.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
Brenton

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 13:10    Post subject: What a small world Reply with quote

I found a similar leak coming from the front of my 3.1 td diesel Jackaroo (Trooper) on Sunday and thought it was the water pump or thermostat housing but alas after a day under the bonnet (and buying a new water pump) Ive found the leak is coming from below the head and seems to be coming out of the flange that holds the timing gears. I have a workshop manual on cd which has a basic diag. of all the timing gear to remove but will forward it (if I can) after I work out if this is the fix.Tomorrow will be a big day of removing the timing gears, if I can get the crank pulley off. Could someone please tell me if the pulley bolt undoes clockwise or anti as Im having no joy undoing it. Cheers from down under!
Mick

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like it's in the same place as mine. I'll know more tomorrow as its booked in to be looked at
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: