Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Sand dune........

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markymoan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 16:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a matter of how much light they let in, i think the current amount is
windscreens must let in 75% of light and side windows 70%. Wink
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 16:24    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Dafydd Wynn Williams
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 16:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I was aware there were some such figures, but with mirrored coating, in daylight, you cant see in. I'm sure the police would say they need to have a side view of the driver to check seat belt/mobile phone/make-up use etc

And the 'at junction' side visibility I think is an important safety point.

Each to his own Smile

Dafydd
markymoan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 16:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive put a pdf with the full legalitys in modifications, for future reference Very Happy
http://www.itocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4604

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the sand dune thing, sand is fun. Ive got some pictures somewhere of me playing around in some dunes in Southern Spain in my old SJ410 with a friend, we drove down their for a hopliday some years ago now. Needs a totally different driving technique to other terrain though. I also got to go dune bashing in Dubai in a big V8 engined GMC although sadly only as a passenger.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
rabbitt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as the legality goes my supplier assures me they are as it is all down to the visibility from the INSIDE of the car.

As far as the oncoming vehicle at a junction goes , if they havent seen me in a 2 tonne bighorn theres not much hope for any of us !

And the mirror is only 1/3 of the window coverage so it can be seen at certain angles ( not willing to put that many photos on ) if i have my seat belt on ect ect
Dafydd Wynn Williams
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry rabbit,

My concern about visibility was meant in the other direction. As an erstwhile motorcyclist, when on the major road its reassuring to know that the driver waiting at a junction has at least looked your way though may not have seen you!

Two way eye contact would be the ideal in all sorts of situations.

Dafydd.
rabbitt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 14:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmmm agreed ,

so in the same note as a biker do you agree with the tinted and mirrored visors used by the majority of riders this time of year ???

and if in doubt i can always put the window down ( witch is is most of the time as i am a smoker )
Dafydd Wynn Williams
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 15:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant say I support the black visor brigade, though its not quite the same situation because a. from a drivers point of view (sic) at least you can see if the motorcyclist has/is looking your way because the head has turned and b. fewer motorcyclists pull out in front of approaching cars than vice versa.

Personally although I do have a full face helmet, for cold weather, and also one lightly tinted visor, being an old timer I prefer an open faced helmet and safety sun specs. This being the nearest one can get these days to times when you were able to wear just a flat cap!

This was the case in the fifties when I started, and then that was all I wore in the summer, using a pudding-basin with peak in the winter. You rode more carefully without a helmet! There is little I can think of more pleasurable than riding country roads in the summer in shirt sleeves experiencing the constant temperature changes of sunshine/shade/hilltop/ valley and the multiude of scents which hit you like a wave. Motorcycling is all about unrestricted, unobtrusive travel to me, and preferably causing as little damage/effect on our surroundings as possible.

Incidentally, never liked the term biker, - conjours up an image of leather, fringes, choppers/Harleys, beer-bellies and cultivated aggression.

Started as a flat-cap and Stormguard coat type rider, and will always hanker for those times I suppose.

Dafydd.
rabbitt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a different note ,

Does anyone know where i can take my car ( within a reasonable range ) to go and have a play , i was realy loking forward to going to bures but due to not getting in from work untill 6am thismorning was unable to go.

So wandered if anyone had found anywhere i can play in the midlands , i live about 20 mins away from birmingham and about 10 mins from coventry.

cheers
mbw13

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good mate Very Happy
What's your next project for the beast?
rabbitt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigger Wheels/Tyres Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Although im open to options as im still a new isuzu owner so im not exactly sure what can be done ?
Philp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be careful about turning across a side slope like that first picture, especially on sand as it tends to be very unstable and really you're inviting a roll over by doing so. Avoid side slopes like the plague unless you absolutely have to drive them.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: