All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Aircon not working

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrisuzu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 15:57    Post subject: Aircon not working Reply with quote

Look through the old posts cant seem to find anything, so here goes............. Aircon has stopped working, just not blowing any chilled air out at all..... Any ideas on where to start?? What should i be looking for?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 15:57    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 16:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add me to that list... its gradually been fading off over the last few weeks and now nothing Crying or Very sad
markymoan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say it needs gas or an electrical fault, i would start with the fuse and work through.

PS. what i know about air con can be written on a postage stamp in capitals Laughing
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 17:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my motor the fuses etc have all been checked, the clutch on the compressor is working (and by the sounds of the compressor is too) - I think it either has a leak of simply needs regassing... but that is more expensive than winding the window down Confused
Philp

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 17:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine needs regassing too, but its not so easy on a MK 1 as it uses R12 rather than R134. I think I've found a garage that has some R12 left.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
Dave69

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

a bit late but does the air con pump cut in and out alot faster than it used to ?
the main chance is that if the cold effect has been reducing over a period of time then the chances are you are losing coolant. don't be too worried all systems loose their charge and can be upto 50% in two years, some hold onto it for longer. the gas just seeps out of the system through the rubber pipes or by a leak. an aircon spec will be able to check the system and recharge it for you. prices are around the £60 for r134a but might be higher for r12. they can recharge with r12 if they have it. avoid these add a bit can you can buy from halfords as you will end up paying a surcharge at a later date for a mixture of coolant gas that nothing can be done with. too much charge can have a detrimental effect on the cooling system
DJ

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an engineer out to my works office aircon system, slipped the guy a tenner and he give mine a once over and recharged it. Very Happy
What a fantastic bit of kit my aircon is, although driving the Pyranies this summer, whenever the aircon kicked in, the engine laboured driving uphill,
Then again some of the mountains where very steep.

Dmax single cab pick up 2.5 biturbo
lotus
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 0:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi not sure if any one is intrested but you can get do it your self recon charge kits from hulford will cost around 30 pound and it has oil sealant and gas in the cylinder.  I have used it on a car i was servicing really easy just start the car switch air con on connect to low side of the air con valve  look at the gauage on the clinder tells you how much is in the system and apply the trigger and fill up till in the green on the gauge.  Works a treat saves 80 pounds at the local garge.
Philp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Helfrauds kits will only work on later models that used R134 though.  Also if you've lost gas you may need a leak sealer or even some seals replaced.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
lotus
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but if you only need to top up your ac gas its a cheaper option.  If of cause you are not sure of your system serviablity you will need to have it vac test and regas with tracer die and then have it check up on a ramp a week later with a ultra violet light and sniffer sensor. Smile
reichew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, I recently got to know of a superb aircon workshop in Newcastle. Great chap and fantastic service.... he even has R12....

Another thng, mine had the condenser packed in... a leak on the coils. One from the dealers would have cost me £180, even at trade price.!

Sourced for a replacement unit from USA, and it cost approx £70 with P&P. Brand New unit!

Anyone interested to get one? Perhapes a bulk purchase can fetch a better price!

Give me a buzz if anyone wants his address....

Cheers..
captain25

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 17:54    Post subject: A/C fault Reply with quote

put a thread on here, about my A/C
The light does workon the button on the dash, somebody replied about swtiching fans on but apart from the main one in the engine i have no idea
Checked the fuse one inthe engine bay and the other under the dash all okay. is there any connections or other fuses as my like everybody else manual is in Japanese
Help
captain25

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 17:55    Post subject: A/C Reply with quote

Sorry said button light works
the light DOESN<T work sorry for the confusion hahah
greasemonkey
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi as soon as the system detects low or no gas pressure it won't let anything work because without the lube it would sieze up just get it checked for leaks and regassed
cheers
Steve
bullyterrier

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 17:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain25 did you get the light on your ac switch to work. Mine is the same. the air con works, but the little light in the middle of the button doesnt light up when you press the button in to switch the ac on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: