All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Brakes, I could bloody well cry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:03    Post subject: Brakes, I could bloody well cry Reply with quote

Bloody cars, spent the last three weeks welding under the trooper, its booked in for its Mo next monday. I decided to change the oil today as its due for one and clean oil always seems to help with emissions. Theres a really awkward to get to drain plug next to the oil filter which has to come out that involves a universal joint on the end of a long extension with a 22mm socket. Popped it undone, sat watching the oil draining out of the filter and thought, thats odd, looks like some water driping in the bowl. Had a look around, its not water its fcuking brake fluid and I find a brake pipe thats snapped just above a junction block on the chassis thats the main feed to one of the circuits from the master. Its right in front of the drain plug so I must have put a little bit of sideways pressure on it with the extension, but it must have been pretty screwed as it snapped half off. Its rusted into this three way block, I can't get it out no matter what I try, its just getting rounder and rounder, access is totally ***** as its on the inside of the chassis between the rail and engine. So now I'm totally fcuked. It needs to be recovered to a garage to do it as I've had enough, I'm probably gonna have to replace at least two maybe three calipers as the bleed nipples are snapped off or seized and probably half the brake pipes. Fortunately the bank of Wifey hs told me to go ahead,whats even worse s tis probably gonna have to be the main dealer as I can't find a local independant place that can recover it. My RAC cover doesn't include home start.

Honestly I could just cry!

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:03    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Philp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOps sorry about the language, cut and pasted in, can't edit the post so maybe a mod can for me.

Philp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, things are looking a little brighter, I phoned a couple of local places, no dice, no recovery capability. I caled the local Isuzu main dealer Robinsons in Rochdale and they rather refreshingly said "We generally don't do brake pipes as Isuzu ones are stupidly expensive, we farm that sort of work out to another local independant place called Tophams Garage. They can also recover it for you, here's their number" I called them and they'll be here within the hour with a recovery wagon to remove it and fix it. I'm gonna get them to look all the pipes over and replace any iffy looking ones as I don't want another going when I'm approaching the toll booths on a French motorway at 70mph with the trailer behind me. If it means replacing a couple of calipers so be it. The bank of wifey says just get it fixed properly so its good to go.

Philp

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it went off on the back of a flatback on wednesday looking all forlorn (at least I know tha handbrake works as they guy drove it from my back garden aropund the front just on the handbrake and he managed to lock the rear wheels up with it. I asked them to give it a once over and replace any pipes that looked like an MoT failure, I rang them last night and they were just about to bleed it but may have to replace a caliper as one has a snapped off bleed nipple (which I knew about) but it really has to be done so its bite the bullet time. I've got to ring them this morning to find out when its ready. They seem to be good people and are fellow 4x4ers, he showed me a horrendous video clip on his phone of his mate rolling his motor down a huge bank on an off road course at the weekend. One walked away the other had some back injuries. At least they know their way around 4x4's and had in fact pulled the engine from a Trooper the day before. Not looking forward to the bill though.

siweb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have thought they could just get the old broken nipple out and put a new in, instead of the caliper.
Philp

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its back, cost me a hundred quid, not sure how they bled it but who cares, new pipe, nice firm pedal. MoT 10am Monday.

Philp

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like some thieving Pikey has pinched the front of my nice JVC stereo whilst it was in there. It was in its casee in the centre console and now its not, and someone had moved the French road atlas that was stuffed down between the seat and the console. Just waiting to see if someone had removed it "for safekeeping" but the car was unlocked with the wiindows open on their forcourt, hidden from the office by a parked van. That just rounds my day off if its gone, less than a year old and not cheap.

Philp

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a phone call, it seems to have miraculously have reappeared at the garage. Now I can appreciate you might take it out of the car if it was on the head unit for safekeeping but when its in its case hidden in the centre console which can't be seen from outside it seems a little dodgy to go rummaging around for it, I'm sure theres a CD missing too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: