Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

what is this part please,(anti vibration)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markbonz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 21:23    Post subject: what is this part please,(anti vibration) Reply with quote

hi can you help,where the rear propshaft comes out of the gearbox just before the universal joint is a disc made of rubber and metal,it has several tubes/rings going through it,i presume its to take out vibrations,my question is the metal tubes/rings that go through the ruber on mine all turn freely and are highly polished where they are spinning around,are they meant to be like this or do i need a new part and any ideas on how much it would be,many thanks mark Confused
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 21:23    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

wayneh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 21:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, the part you are referring to is the centre bearing, there is a bearing in the centre of the rubber and this should not spin inside the rubber. they are about £30-£40 each and take about an hr to fit (if you have the right tools).
markbonz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 22:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi thanks for reply i dont belive its a centre bearing to surport the prop shaft as its not supporting anything,and there is no bearing in the middle,the whole thing spins with the prop it is approx 2" away from the back of the gearbox at the rear,i replaced a centre bearing on my l200 or doughnut and this is nothing like that as i say its not attached to the body work at all??? thanks Confused mark
markbonz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 22:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a thought you might need to know what model,1996 3.1td lwb manuel lsd,thanks Razz
markymoan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

It still sounds like a dohnut sort of thing to me,
They sometimes use them instead of a uj

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 19:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi im afraid it looks nothing like that i know a fair bit about motors,ive never seen apart like this,any way i now know that its an anti vibration somthing or other becauce thats what the main dealers told me,and guess what its dam exspensive,and this is what is causing a slight hum at 60mph the metal tubes that go through the rubber are spinning and should be held tight hense causing a slight hum ,so heres another part thats a Laughing Laughing bit odd ???? thanks for all your help ,mark
markymoan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mind boggles Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi yeah i know what you mean,it is a disc shape that is fitted around the prop approx 10" across 4 bolt that bolt it on a flange between the prop,then rubber with about 10 circuler holes with metal tubes inserted through,then a metal ring incasing it all approx 1"thick,i promise im not mad,and its not a unervesal coupling,uj joint or centre bearing surley my troop isnt the only one with this part can it!!!! Question
markymoan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 20:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some of the top of the range Fords had something simlar to take some of the snatch out of take off,

yours

Still baffled Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh well it seems like i must be unique,it is uk model i wonder if that makes a difference?thanks for humouring me none the wiser mark
Peej
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 21:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

markbonz wrote:
hi yeah i know what you mean,it is a disc shape that is fitted around the prop approx 10" across 4 bolt that bolt it on a flange between the prop,then rubber with about 10 circuler holes with metal tubes inserted through,then a metal ring incasing it all approx 1"thick,i promise im not mad,and its not a unervesal coupling,uj joint or centre bearing surley my troop isnt the only one with this part can it!!!! Question

No you're not the only one! My Monterey has one, can't help anymore than though. Rolling Eyes
Philp

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a rotoflex coupling as found on old British sportscars like the GT6, best thing to do would be to post some pics.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
Grandad

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 18:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

the part in question is (plate damper GM part no 97169906) (ring propshaft isuzu part no 8-97169906-0) these numbers may have been superceded but should lead to the part you need
markymoan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

So was i right Grandad with the doghnut anti snatch idea ??

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes marky thats what it seems to be and the vauxhall definition (plate damper) confirms it Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: