QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Tech 2 Diagnosis on your laptop

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THE QUIET ONE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 18:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

any one got any codes or system that will diagnose a mk2 3.2 auto trooper 1994 >95
Crying or Very sad  Embarassed

mk1 2.8 ex skippy
mu 3.1 xs turbo
bendy bus
SCUM RUN 2010
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 18:30    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

nickp2130

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 23:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found and then lost a site that was talking about grey import diagnostics.
Says "Launch X 431 is the program they use to read Jap import data.
Might be nothing but may be of use to someone.
RichardW

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tech 2 on your laptop, Conclusions

I wrote a while back that i was able to read DTC codes and other sensor information using the cable and software available as freeware, some fully functional others demos with limited functionality offered by companies.  

I tried a lot of the software, a lot did'nt work of the ones that did i could not be sure the information was correct. So i orderd a registered copy of ScanmasterELM (£40) as this was the only software that was guranteed to work with my lead, it was abit of a let down when i fired it up the info was very basic

DTC                      (stored trouble codes - MIL lit)
      DTC Pending         (Sensor problem that not matured to light MIL)
      DTC Freeze Frame (snapshot of sensors readings when MIL occured)

Real Time Info
      IAT   (Intake Air Temp)  ECT  (Engine Coolant Temp) RPM and
      MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure)

The interesting thing is that  GM Scantool 22 and Wobd (both freeware) both gave not only this info but more, i checked the reading by the registered version against the freeware and they both read the same.

When i first hooked up the Scantool i had a DTC (Thottle position sensor high volt) not failed just that the ECM did not get a return voltage it expected, I this mentioned in an earlier post, and to date it has not returned.

I can se the MAP readings and compared them to the manual an everthing appears OK

ECT temp and IAT temp should be about 8 degrees apart at cold and should rise steadily as the engine gets warm, mine did,nt look right and after removing the IAT found it was coked in the same gung i found on the throttle body. How it ever sensored air temp with an overcoat on is beyond me.

Now with the other software plugged in (GM Scantool- mode 22) i can see EGR operation, i,ve scanned the net to find out what the readings mean, no luck yet but i can see that as the thottle is depressed EGR the valve closes and opens when  back to idle, my search continues.

No info with any software on the operation of  the HO2S (Oxygen Sensors), pity because these beautys play a vital role in controlling the fuel trim when the engine reches operating temp, my search continiues

Theres also other info such as  Throttle position sensor position, Engine Volts,

What i have learned is that sensor connections whether thy be vacum or electrical should be sound and clean check the sensor itself for contamination, i bourght my Troup in March this year and it drove like an absoulute pig its now a pleasure and 've not changed any parts just cleaned.

Has it been worth the £135 spent, well only time will tell, if any one is interested go to www.scantool.net and have a look download some software and play.

Meantime trying to get my site up and running with links to all the stuff that i've found, it makes for interesting reading.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: