Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

starter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lazybones

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 13:04    Post subject: starter Reply with quote

hi i have a prob with my starter (3.1) trooper its not the whole starter thats knackered only the top bit not too sure the name for the top bit, i just need to replace this as the plastic encasing holding the two bolts has been broke at some stage and one of the bolts is just loose so the electric connections are not right i have the lucas part number (LRT114)for the whole starter if thats any help so u can see which part i am on about does anyone  know  where i can purchase just this bit new or recon thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 13:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Philp

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 13:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're looking for a solenoid (the bit on the top) A good auto electrical place should be able to get it for you or find a local place that reconditions them.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
lazybones

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 13:41    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

cheers phil i went to 3 places today showed them the bit and they reckon u have to buy whole starter (yeah right) at a cost of 150-270 not a hope in hell will keep searching uve certainly brightened up my day by telling me this as my father said the same as u but was beginng to doubt it thanks again Very Happy
nickp2130

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 0:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want a new starter you can get one for about 109 quid inc vat and next day delivery from a crowd called Hillmartuk alternator 0870 803 4101. I just found them on the internet and got a starter off them & Chris just bought a starter. No need to send them the old one its not exchange.
wisecobandit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 0:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this place mate and keep us posted...
http://www.autoelectrics.net/carstarter.html
I need a new one for mine as the copper threads are a bit dodgy but never got around to ringing them to find out.

Ive just been and emailed an enquiry to another company to so if i come up trumps i will let you know.
The other alternative is to find someone on here who has replaced there starter unit recently and hope they still have it laying around that you could pinch the solenoid off....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: