2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Auto to manual

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
extremeshep

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 14:45    Post subject: Auto to manual Reply with quote

Hi guys, have finally spat the dummy , regarding the auto box in my bighorn, and decided to convert to manual. a big job i know. i read some posts about doing this , but i`m buggered if i can find them now. there was also a bit on what to do with the auto gearbox wiring, you know, so you can take the ignition key out and that, I`ve been searching for hours now and cant seem to find them again. can anybody point me in the right direction please ?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 14:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

brains

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 23:48    Post subject: Auto to manual Reply with quote

i think i can help with the gear box switch  Smile
ok its more simple than you think m8 , first find the switch it should have just two wires going to the switch , cut the two wires then conect them together and tape them up , or unplug the switch and bridge the plug with a wire loop . that should be it ok . Very Happy
any thing els i can help with m8.
extremeshep

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers brian, does that stop that annoying bleeping noise, when the engine is off, but the key is still in the ignition ?. And will that disable the inhibitor swith for the starter motor as well ?  I`m swapping the engine and box, to be on the safe side, managed to get a trooper thats a write off , so i`ll have all the bits i need, I hope  ! !
brains

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 18:22    Post subject: Auto to manual Reply with quote

hello m8 ok im sorry but this might not stop the bleeping noise as i think it is there to warn you not to leave your keys in ignition when you leave the car. the switch i told you to bypass should be the inhibitor switch ok.
now you can test this by bypassing the switch and try to start the engine but BE CAREFUL to make sure that the car is in position N or P and no other gear because you will cause alot of damage to your trooper m8 ok , if it starts you will have found it if it dont see if the reverse lights are on and so on alright , let me know how you get on with it(thank god mine is a manual) Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: