4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

headlight trouble 92 3.1 trooper

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orrible

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 17:13    Post subject: headlight trouble 92 3.1 trooper Reply with quote

hi all im back again purchased another 92 3.1 lwb today needs a bit of work but mechanically and body wise ok, anyway headlights dont work, sides work indicators work and main beam will work if you hold it towards you, bulbs are ok seems to be power getting to bulbs but no earth have tried all conectors have run an earth straight to bulb but all i get is full beam on one side, has anyone any ideas please, cant get full beam to stay on without holding stalk back cant remember how full beam works is it just click stick back towards you or should it push forward like mk1s do, but anyway still cant get dip beam to work, hope someone can shed some light on this for me, i want to get on with the welding,
cheers ian
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 17:13    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

markymoan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that the stalk itself is prone to going faulty after a good few years, but i'll leave it to the mk2 lot to help  Smile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 17:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers marky would also like to know which relays are what they say on the cover dim-dip relay and dim-dip resistor i take it that them is it
brains

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 18:27    Post subject: headlight trouble 92 3.1 trooper Reply with quote

you also said in another post that your speedo dont work , not knowageable with mk2 s very much but it all sounds as if its linked , is there a earth strap missing or loose maybe.does the instrument panal look as if its been removed before as it may be some thing has not been pluged back in.
orrible

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a good idea ill have a look tomorrow only picked it up today of eebuygum just going through what needs doing and looking for ideas have plenty of rear end welding to do looks like it got dipped in the sea but well worth doing everything else is excellent cheers for the advice
orrible

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

can anyone tell me please which relays are for the headlights on my 92 3.1 please still cant get them working all three wires to back of bulb with bulb removed from plug are showing live and no earth any suggestions welcome please
THE QUIET ONE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm
fusees and relays are no1 located in the engine bay drivers side  the fuse should b a 15amp and it is in position f4 for the l/h and f5 for the r/h
no then the head lamp l/h is pats loaded with high beamindicator light,fog light realy, and cornering light if fitted
id also check that u have a good earth to ur chassie from the battery and from chassie to engine there should b 3 point of earth and one to gear box
SPEEDO CAN U LAY UR HANDS ON A SPEEDO THAT U KNOW THAT WORKS IF SO BORROW IT AND CHANGE IT FOR URS TEST DRIVE IT if it works its ur speedo if not check ur c10 fuse that is situated in ur fuse box in the lower part of the dash by ur knee cap in the driverside if u still ave the problems the it possibly could b ur speed sencer (not cheap)
hope that this helps m8

mk1 2.8 ex skippy
mu 3.1 xs turbo
bendy bus
SCUM RUN 2010
orrible

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info quiet one but could explain what you mean by pats loaded etc and are you saying the fog light and high beam indicator is taking its feed from the l/h headlamp cheers ian
orrible

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 22:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Headlights now working yipeeee it was a very melted dip switch have replaced with another and now working, still have speedo trouble though anyone know how to test speed sensor someone told me a multimeter on ac voltage and turn it and should show a small voltage have tried that on two sensors and no go its not broken wires have checked them out
orrible

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all speedo now working as well, i took speedo out tightened all screws on the back gave contacts a clean refited and hey it all works, now all i have to do is remove fuel tank chop of chassis and rebuild thanks for everyones help suggestions etc, there is a man in bridport  dorset breaking mk2 troopers hes advertising on eebuygum but i also have his email address and phone number hell post bits or you can collect very cheap indeed i bought speed sensor, dip beam indicator stalk and rear chassis from coil springs back all for £70.00 bargain i say   Very Happy   Very Happy
orrible

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yipeeee all work done now rear half of chassis replaced all back together back on her wheels and off to see mr mot man tomorrow afternoon fingers crossed, only thing is if it passes gotta just look at it for week in the driveway before i can use it as it needs taxing as well so might as well wait till end of month i would post some pics but havent got a clue how to put them on here tried before and it was more of disaster than cutting chassis in half.
orrible

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 17:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from mot im a happy bunny it sailed through, will tax at begining of month then were off playing,
orrible

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 21:50    Post subject: speedo probs again Reply with quote

still have speedo probs, when speedo wasnt working as i mentioned in one of my previous posts ichanged the speed sensor on side of gearbox that didnt cure problem it seemed to be on speedo head itself which sorted that problem, the problem i have now is that its clocking the miles up to quick i did a journey today  that i know to be about 1-1 1/2 miles but is says three now and saturday i did about a 20 mile round trip but said 35 miles could the sensor i put in be a km,s one and giving a different reading  Question  Question
markymoan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes sense to me if they are different
But your speedo would read wrong to i think  Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

it certainly makes fuel economy look good  Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: