All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

heater fan making revs go up ??????????????????

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orrible

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 18:37    Post subject: heater fan making revs go up ?????????????????? Reply with quote

this might be a silly question, just noticed tonight out playing that when turning heater fan on the revs are going up by about 200 revs never noticed it before till today im sure it didnt do it before, 3.1td anyone know anthing about this or do i have more mysterious electrical problems also when adjusting fast idle i can set it just under 1000 revs go for a run come back its on 500 revs wind it up again go off come back 500 revs again in gonna run out of adjustment soon ???
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 18:37    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Peej
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 18:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 98 Monterey 3.1 does the same, I think I'm right in saying that it is meant to do it.
Peej
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 18:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOh! Thats only to the first bit , dunno about the idle knob. got mine wound off all the time.
orrible

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 19:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers peej it seemed like it should do it just funny how you can drive something for a while then all of a sudden notice something like that then it does your nut in trying to remember if its done it before or not oh well always new i was mad, as for my knob well i dont know  Confused
orrible

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh and if its not supposed to do it i feel better someone else has the same problem its not just troopers trying to get me  Rolling Eyes
Peej
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if I remember correctly my revs rise when you turn the heat up past a certain point.
orrible

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

mines the actual fan swith position one and two make revs go up after that stays the same turn heater off fan off revs drop again its not really a prob i hope i can live with it as long as know funny smells appear from wiring loom etc just cant remember it doing it before but then i have trouble remebering what i did yesterday  Laughing
Peej
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm correct in saying they have a ceramic heater, so there are possible differences from a conventional system.
orrible

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know its the best heater ive ever had gets to hot
orrible

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

more probs went to start troop today starts first time no probs, but just about idling at around 200revs so i turned heater fan on to first position and str8 up to about 800 revs idling lovely turn it off revs drop back down, had to turn fast idle a good two and a half turns to set revs about 2 miles down the road once engine warm had to back it right off was up to about 1500 revs but then once warm the fan switch makes no difference to idle speed, has anyone any ideas looks like something wrong with cold start or maybe a bad earth ??? anyone got any ideas or come across it before
Peej
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

It certainly sounds as if you have something amiss. Mine only rises a little on full heat, I don't touch the fast idle unless I need it running fast. It sounds as though whatever controls the governing of the idle speed according to load is awry, other than that no idea.
orrible

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 18:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

its strange it wasnt doing it and seems to be running fine but once warmed up fan switch does make any difference at all oh well something else to do tomorrow
Peej
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 18:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once I've had me tea and another beer I'll look in my manuals to see if anything there. Fajitas tonite, I loves em. Razz
orrible

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 18:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooooooooooohhhhhhh i love them cant stop eating them, just had mine crispy chinese duck and pancakes and special fried rice gonna have a nice cup of tea and then off to work to do battle with the idiots have to wait for my beer till tomorrow night, trouble is when i get home 3or4 oclock in the morning theres no one here youd think someone would wait up for   Laughing  even the mrs is in bed
keithj

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about, the batteries may not be fully charged or on the way out/alternator on the way out so the engine compesates for it?

keith
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: