4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

very bad dealer in liverpool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Isuzu Dealers / Motor traders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
evertonian

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 21:57    Post subject: very bad dealer in liverpool Reply with quote

HI!

Glad to come across this forum.

About 18 months ago bought an Isuzu 3.1 Big Horn from Freeport Motors in Bootle/ Liverpool. This dealer claims to be the leading importer of imported 4x4`s.

A few weeks after buying the vechile the alternator packed in & had to be replaced & together with other problems cost me nearly £1000 in repairs. I also discovered that the dealer had lied about some of the vechile spec.

The owner of the dealers (don`t know if i can name him here) did not want to know. He told a pack of lies, denied ever giving a gurantee, was verbally abusive & threatened me.

I went to trading standards & after months of sending letters i took him to court & got a CCJ against Freeport Motors. He still would not pay so i got the court to send in the bailiffs.

However, it now turns out that the dealer has conviently gone into liquadation, even though they are still trading at the same address with a slightly different name Freeport 4x4. I also know that the scumbag concerned is still involved in the running of the business. However, trading standards tell me this is perfectly legal as he has probably put the dealership into someone else`s name. So it is doubtful if i will ever get any money.

Do not buy a vechile from Freeport Motors, Freeport 4x4 or indeed anything Freeport. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Needless to say still having problems with the vechile. I would be interested to know if anybody else has had problems with this dealer. As i know of at least one other person who has.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 21:57    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Gerry McConaghy

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello
hope you got it sorted.....if not put it down to bad experience
typical dodgy arthur daily dealer
is the bighorn sortd out yet
the forum is a god send...lots of HONEST helpful people
just keep at it
remember to flash your highbeams at all the other big isuzus out there on the roads in liverpool
ta
g
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Isuzu Dealers / Motor traders All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: