2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Electric Aerial

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zebidee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 17:19    Post subject: Electric Aerial Reply with quote

'lo,

Anyone got any idea of any breakers who're likely to have an electric aerial for a 2001 Trooper?

Little ****ers in the street snapped mine off Evil or Very Mad & I'm damned if I'm spending £250 on a brand new one. Sad

Cheers,

Z~
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 17:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Dangerous Dave

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello fellow Newbie!!

I had the same problem with my 99 trooper and my local motor factors told me that all i needed was a new 'Aerial mast' that i bought for €25 (£18) with the plastic toothed belt included.

I haven't fitted it (basta*d of a job apparently-Wing off) but they haven't given me a bum-steer yet!!!!!

Worth a try if it'll save £232 if you ask me!!!!
Topvaux
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one that needs replacing too on my '99 Citation.

Normally (on most vehicles) you can pull the whole thing out from above and don't have to take the wing off or access the unit from below at all. I replaced the mast on my '95 Bighorn with no problems: that was the earlier type with a "lump" on the end of the plastic push-pull.

I do have a problem, though, in that my mast seems to be jammed in the aerial housing: it slides up and down OK, but locks solid just at the point where you'd expect it to come out. I have, of course, undone the annular retaining nut.

Any ideas anybody?
andyh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 19:00    Post subject: Aerials Reply with quote

loads of topics on this under electrics

http://www.itocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2567

I would leave it down and fit and electronic one that sticks inside the windsreen   £15 from Halfords and half hours work

Andy
Shaunfarris

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 15:59    Post subject: Re: Aerials Reply with quote

andyh wrote:
loads of topics on this under electrics

http://www.itocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2567

I would leave it down and fit and electronic one that sticks inside the windsreen   £15 from Halfords and half hours work

Andy

Hi Ya,

I've been out today and bought the same windscreen mount aerial from Halfords, however i have a couple of questions

1. Looks easy to connect up, the black aerial lead lloks easy enough to feed down to the passenger footwell and behind the cover panel ther aerial extension connector is there.
2. Where did you connect the braided earth wire to?
3. How the hell do i identify the power connector on the old electric aerial, I have had to remove the fuse to stop the motor winding, but want to pull the connector for the power feed to the electric aerial, and presumably reconnect my new Red wire to this point???

Any help and pics would be fantatsic.

Cheers
RedOne

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI, ive just disconected my old ariel on my 98 citaton and the plug was behind the passenger footwell panel but very high up and just forward of the 2 large multi plugs. Its a 2 wire conector and I had to do it one handed.  I would be very interested to find out how you do the job and if it works ok as I do not want to replace my old ariel.  Good luck.
weebilly

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:29    Post subject: aerial Reply with quote

i just bought a mast from milners £27.00 the wing does not need to be removed  its not the easiest of jobs but i managed to do it
if any one needs a pointer in how its done please ask and i will do my best to talk you through it
                              cheers weebilly
eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

topvaux

there is a sleeve on the bottom of the mast and this sometimes seizes in the tube that it all fits in to which is what yours sounds like it has done, just keep putting plenty of wd40 or similar on it and it should pull straight up and out eventually!
weebilly

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:15    Post subject: aerial Reply with quote

the sleeve came out mines no probs you need a long thin screw driver or prob to force the new sleeve back into position
eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

it should just slide in and out shouldn't need to force it
weebilly

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:32    Post subject: aerial Reply with quote

ah right silly me lol  as no instructions came with  the aerial  milners did say when i was going to fit it if i needed help thier techy guys would talk me thought it
but as we fitted it last sat afternoon  thier techy peeps would have all been in the pub lol
sorry for any confustion there
                  weebilly
Ashers

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 17:24    Post subject: Electric aerial Reply with quote

Hi, can anyone help me, I foolishly removed the inoperative motor unit from my electric aerial  the mast was knackered too - and replaced with a halfords unit which is incredibly poor - even after I've bolted a new earth onto the car body.

So I need to get a replacement electric aerial from somewhere. Does anyone know of a good Isuzu breaker who could help me find one?

Cheers
weebilly

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 17:49    Post subject: re ariel Reply with quote

i would go to  www.247spares.co.uk
i prriced one through them and was offered a genuine motor with mast for around 20 quid
in the end i got a mast from milners and fitted my self
                       regards wee billy
fintius maximus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 18:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

just about to replace mine - which wire is the live one?
The Laird

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be a blue/white wire.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: