All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

OVERHEATING

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DIGGER

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 22:27    Post subject: OVERHEATING Reply with quote

WHATS WRONG? MY 1990 2.6 IS RUNNING HOT AND HUNTING I CHANGED THE THERMO VALVE IT RAN OK FOR 100 MILES AND NOW GETING HOT COULD THE HEAD GASKET OF GONE OR THERMOSTAT GONE HELP!!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 22:27    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

brains

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 0:26    Post subject: OVERHEATING Reply with quote

welcome to the club digger listen m8 just for future refrence capitels are considerd shouting just to let you know ,any way m8 ive got a good idea that the rad is blocked try back flushing it and see if any krap comes out ?but i do recommend you dont use the car untill you have fixed it.
if this dont help let me know and we will go through some other things.
rabbitt

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine ran hot amd chucked the water out the breather on the header tank , a thermostat change did the trick for that.

and welcome to the club Smile
DIGGER

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 18:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

no capitals! problem solved! chaneg thermostat after snaping thermo casing stud anyway now runs like a dream on to next problem does anyone have a spare wheel knocking about they wish to sell? some lovely person relived me of mine after taking it off the back door whilst parked up over night.thanks Rolling Eyes
brains

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 0:41    Post subject: OVERHEATING Reply with quote

i dont know where harts is but ive got one if you want it but the tyre is no good though.?
jonkem

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 0:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have a look tomorrow & let you know, I'm just over the border in Beds!
2000 Astra Estate (work)
2006 VXR Astra
MK1 SR Nova
brains

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 0:58    Post subject: OVERHEATING Reply with quote

jon to the rescue again  Laughing
ManicMechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 16:37    Post subject: Same problem Reply with quote

My 2.8 td (1989) has suddenly started overheating. The temp gauge used to barely move even after a long drive now goes right up to nearly red quite quickly.

My plan unless someone offers a better sequence is:

First check coolant and oil level then:

1 - Remove top and bottom hose from rad and flush through with a hose (possibly put some cleaner in there as others have suggested)

2 - Blast rad externally with a hose

3 - Take the rad cap off and idle engine, look for signs of bubbling e.g from a head gasket leak (if there is - change head gasket, is this straightforward ?)

4 - With engine idling look for signs that the water pump is operating once temp goes up e.g rad cap off look for water movement (does the water pump start when the thermostat tells it to ? the fan runs continuously...) (if not working change thermostat then water pump ??) (anyone have a soft copy of any of these procedures - location of thermostat etc would be handy!! - got a cd rom of the mfctrs maintenance manual but can't seem to get it to work)

5 - Somehow check that oil pump is working - not sure how...

I've decided not to drive it until I've resolved this because it is too much fun off road to break it even if it only cost 500 quid !!

Help!!
:::Matski:::
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 17:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did all that on my mk1, had to recore the rad in the end.
THE QUIET ONE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 21:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOT SIZE ARE U RUNNING ON TYRE SIZE IVE GOT A FULL SET OF 15" WIDE BOYS AND A ODD 15" ON A CHROME RIM IF THIS HELPS

mk1 2.8 ex skippy
mu 3.1 xs turbo
bendy bus
SCUM RUN 2010
brains

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 23:19    Post subject: OVERHEATING Reply with quote

digger have you fixed it ?manic mechanic you sould of opened your own new topic to save confusion but never mind m8 you call your self manic mechanic do you know much about spannering or not if you do then yes the head gasket is straght forward and by the sound of it you are in the right direction do what you said and if now better then get back to use and we will have a good head scrach and sort your problem.
quiet one have you got any pics of the tyres ,what size and how much?
ManicMechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you got any GA or schematic drawings then Matski ? Or did you get everything done by someone else ?
ManicMechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah your right Brian - sorry for the confusion folks Embarassed

Don't suppose you have any soft copy diagrams the engine/Ancillaries Brian? Got a cd from eebuygum but can't seem to run it.....
brains

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 23:27    Post subject: OVERHEATING Reply with quote

look on the 2.8 engine manual in the engine forum , there is some stuff on the heating system.
:::Matski:::
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 0:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManicMechanic wrote:
Have you got any GA or schematic drawings then Matski ? Or did you get everything done by someone else ?

No schematic's did it myself with the help of a frontera manual.

Ended up putting a new head gasket on after cooking it with the blocked rad, tried all the flushing compounds first.

Would have saved myself a day off profuse swearing whilst swapping the casket if I'd recored the rad in the first place.

Never let me down even towing 700 odd miles burning coolant in no.1 solid engines these.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: