Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Towing weights (again!)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrisuzu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should have said before the van was a Hobby 720 UMF.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Webby

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

frank sucevic wrote:
if you tow without a rear number plate and stay below  50mph you will not get pulled its a unwritten rule with the travellers ,go above 50 and you will get pulled.
frankie

A £30 fine is not too much of an incentive not to do it though is it?!
minimoog

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind if I resurrect this one for a moment? We need a horse box tug and I thought I'd done my homework, as result of which we have a deposit down on a LWB 3.1D and pick it up next week. Reading this thread I think what I've done is taken the '3500Kg towing limit' to heart and used that along with the glowing testimonys here to justify the Trooper as the ideal tow car.

Problem is I didn't realise until now that the Trooper isn't actually all that heavy, compared to say a Disco or RR. I'm looking at pulling an Ivor Williams HB510 horse box, which is 1000Kg unladen, plus two horses, one of which is getting on for 700Kg in weight. The other I'm not sure, but maybe 400Kg.

All of which seems to put us at or over the 100% weight of the Trooper, and is therefore 'definitely not recommended' to quote a phrase above.

I don't doubt the Troop's abilities, but as towing novices might we have bought the wrong truck for our own?

Yrs worried, etc.
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trooper weighs in around 2100kg unladen... very similar to a Discovery etc! The 3500kg towing limit is right and is quoted for trailers, caravans however come under the 85% (100% max) limit - this however is only a guide line and not the law!

A 300tdi disco weighs in (according to parkers guide online) at 2055kg.

As long as you have passed your test before 1st Jan 1997 or have done the B+E test you will be legal towing the trailer.
Gypsyfilly1964
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tow a rice hunter (old wooden one, so heavier than your ifor) with a 3ltd trooper and i dont have any worries.

i reckon you will be fine,

troopers are far more reliable than the landrovers and range rovers, (sorry for swearing)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: