4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Newbie-Import or not

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 20:51    Post subject: Newbie-Import or not Reply with quote

I have 1998 Isuzu trooper SWB RS is this a japanese import version, cant find any information on the car or see any signs of it being an import ie non standard foglight, japanese writing etc, any help would be much appreciated!!

Jon
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 20:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

wayneh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi jonb, jap imports are normally badged as a bighorn, i also think the uk troop as 2 batteries under the bonnet as where the import as just one (if wrong someone wil correct me).
GMARS70970

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 0:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have an RS, they are UK cars. Was at the Isuzu dealer last week and he showed me 1 in an old trooper brochure. I also got a recall for the ceramic heater dont think this would have came through if it was an import.
jonb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

What made me wonder was the fact the exhaust dropped off and the replacement would not fit, the guy in the garage told me that its probably an import as they have a different exhaust!! Also how come sites like parkers only list standard, citation, and duty as uk spec models and no mention of the RS??

Join
Peej
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Monterey of the time came in a RS version too.

LTM 24
the flower man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi mate and welcome. i dont beleve for 1 min the exhaust is different on the import, the system does so many twists and bends i cant see it going anywhere elce than where it is.colour ,options and badges are the difference between import motors and uk. there is no difference mecanicly
appart from er vaulve and 2 batterys.this wasnt an isuzu garage? my money is on the exhaust being a pattern part or the geezer ordered for the wrong mark. i have been told this before ,coz the shape of the pipe is complex, patton makers some times get it wrong.mind you i didnt have any probs with mine (bighorn lotus se)
TimBanham
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 13:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd pop to a custom place if you are still struggling and get a s/s one fitted
jonb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 13:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently the exhaust on mine was 2 pieces from cat and the one he got for a uk spec had 3 pieces with an extra box, dunno if he was spinning a yarn but set me back 270notes fitted!!

Jon
TimBanham
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 13:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

It I remember correctly the 3.0 is 3 pieces and the 3.1 is two but I could be wrong.

Got a stainless cat back for 350 fitted which I didn't think too bad
markymoan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 13:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen the different exhausts before Wink

As for import,  it could be from cyprus, check over the phone with I.M UK the number is in the handy links section.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 0:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the same problem when my exhaust fell off. Back box was no problem £90 but the garage said there were so many different options for the centre piece that getting the right one was luck sometimes. Anyway got new one fitted and they fabricated it to fit. No problems. £90 yet again.
Why the double battery set up? I've got it on mine but not sure on the benefits of it, can anyone enlighten me?
mia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 19:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

if its any use to anyone, (prob not) ive got a cypriot import, has the two batteries as does the uk model but doesnt have the ceramic heater in it, (obviously not needed in cyprus). chassis UBS69GP. Have never had a problem getting parts, it's excactly the same as my dads uk version.

(And a big thank you to a very nice man at Isuzu Europe for looking into that for me!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: