QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

driver side central locking probs

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcusj
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 17:35    Post subject: driver side central locking probs Reply with quote

me again !! my central locking works on pasenger side with key opens all doors including drivers side but if i open the driver side door with the key the central locking wont open any doors apart from driver side ! i have had a look at it but can't see anything up with it, any ideas chaps?? Very Happy  Very Happy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 17:35    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DYLAN

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 18:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try flicking the key with a BIT more force mine does not open if i open it slowly,,, Just wear and tear i think.. Just for curiosity try lifting the drivers side knob manualy from inside does this open them all? If so i would think its just wear on the barrel.. If not maybe a linkage is off under the door panel.. Good luck
marcusj
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 18:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks dylan
i have just tried that m8 (operating the driver door switch)and i get nothing on it at all! nothing else will work, but if i do it on the passenger side they all close as good as gold very strange indeed!!!!!

help me as im starting to lose weight walking around the other side to open the thing up i have to do this because if i open the drivers door even with the keys the horn/alarm goes off cheers marcus Laughing  Laughing
Webby

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you need to check the wiring.  In the door and in the flexable pipe between the door and the wing, see if it has broken anywhere or become disconnected.
marcusj
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks webby looked at wiring but why will driver side lock when i use  passenger side lock so am is there another wire ive missed ??? and also just noticed the slider (stops the door opening to far) has been welded at some point you could be right m8  i will have a look tomorrow cheers  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
bigbaldbloke

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the passenger key-turn is locking the driver's door then I'd think it's got to be either the lock mechanism not striking the actuator or a bad "lock" wire on the driver's door.
Marek

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have the same problem with mine, actually quite glad that someone else has the problem (sorry), I reckon its the relay in the drivers door control panel thats at fault though I havent really been too bothered about getting a 2nd hand control panel to test my theory.
marcusj
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have had my door panel off and looked at it ,and what i found is when i operate the driver door lock you can hear what sounds like a clicking sound coming from the passenger door so im now going to look at the lock on this side now as the problem is on that side i think i will update here when i find out what the problem is Shocked  Very Happy
Marek

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would appreciate knowing what you find.
marcusj
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 17:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

no probs marek:D  im  going to tackle it tomorrow and see what i can sort out as its a pain in the ass with it not working Sad
brains

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

try the switch on the lock it might be a dodge conection.
marcusj
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

right this is what ive found so far  Exclamation the lock barrel has a blue plastic arm and another blue plastic arm with wires going to it this part is static, and at the bottom of the door there is a lock mec (black box) this i think is the switch for the central locking Question ive had it apart and it works fine but i have noticed the blue plastic arm at the lock barrel moves across the other blue plastic part when you operate the door lock with the key,are these supposed to make contact with each other some how? there is a black rubber boot micro switch on the static blue part but nothing works the switch from what i can see!!!!!ive pushed the micro switch and nothing happens! but all the locking and un locking is done from the black box in the bottom of the door i think, this i can see is working when opperated from the passenger side door so is the probs up top on the lock (blue plastic parts) or the wiring coming from the black box to the other black box in the passenger side door??questions questions questions!! well thats about it so far !im now at a loss as to what this problem may be Shocked
any ideas chaps  Very Happy
marcusj
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 18:49    Post subject: up date Reply with quote

up date on this problem, i can not find any probs with wireing at all been thru the lot ! but what i can hear is the relay by passenger footwell clicking when i opperate the driver door switch up and down but nothing happens could it be the relay? ive had a look at it and it seems to work ok any ideas chaps?
Marek

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been busy for a few days and forgot about this, I will run through the symptoms mine is showing tomorrow, and we'll see if the issues match up.
Marek

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Righty here goes,

All locks closed.  Open drivers side lock, drivers side relay clicks, drivers door lock opens.  Passenger door lock stays closed as does the boot lock.  If I activate the lock from inside the car using the button from the drivers door control panel I get exactly the same results.

All locks closed.  Open passenger door lock, relay clicks on drivers side, no noise from the passenger side, passenger door lock opens and drivers door lock opens, boot stays locked.  Use the switch on the passenger door control panel and the drivers door locks and unlocks, the passenger door lock does not do anything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: