2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

After Recall LOST POWER

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonny m

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 20:21    Post subject: After Recall LOST POWER Reply with quote

After my recall to have the injectors done I have noticed that I have lost quit alot of power is this normal or have I got a problem.I do alot of towing and its not a patch on what it used to be (CAN ANYONE HELP) Crying or Very sad
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 20:21    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 20:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems to be pretty much normal practice! MrTwister has also reported the same thing and I found this on my motor  Sad  Im off to a Tunit garage this weekend to find out about chip-tune boxes.
jonny m

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

does this mean its getting less fuel because the chap at the garage said it could take a bit longer to start (which it does)So i have to get it chipped to get it back  to how it used to be.Thats no good going to try my luck with the dealer because it just not good enough you expect it to be better not worse.Did they change them because the engine was getting to much fuel and blowing the seals but i thought that it is a very low preasure injection system anyway and the seals go because there rubish and not because of fuel preasure
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know some of the old injectors were over-fuelling... but they have mainly changed them to rectify the faulty seals. usually with the chips they give better mpg because you are not thrashing the engine as much to get the same power...
jonny m

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 21:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh so if i get it chipped will I not have any problems with injector seals again and what kind of power increase do you get and how much does this work cost I know people who chip tractors so i will ask them to see if they can help is what you are looking at a remap or a whole new chip thing dont really understand it but i get bits
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will get full details this weekend ... im calling in at www.tunitlancashire.co.uk and will let you know as soon as I get the info. BHP is claimed to be close to 200bhp's  Twisted Evil
jonny m

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 23:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you think that the engine will be ok or will it become a ticking time bomb again I dont know how much more stress this will put on it but surely more power means more fuel so do we go back square one with over fueling because we all know the engines are not up to it but on the bright side they say more mpg with the chip so where does the power come from?I will look in to it but still a bit upset that I will have to pay out to get the bhp back has anyone asked any dealers about this LACK OF POWER if so what do they say cheers  Smile
Webby

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took it back to my local dealer several times after the injector recall was done, for that very reason.  They were very good and looked it over trying to see if there were any problems with it, but when they could not find anything, all they could say was it must be the injectors.  They did compare it to another trooper whilst it was there and i seemed better that that even with the bigger tyres on mine.  So i felt i probably shouldn't complain!   Confused
Obviously interested in a chip, but not sure i can afford it.  Would also be interested to know what it does to the insurance.   Sad
drmuir
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 16:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

have to agree with all the posts mine was the same took longer to start and had less power , Chris might have the answer with a Tunit box we will have to wait and see how he gets on .
welshman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 0:13    Post subject: Lack of power and difficult to start Reply with quote

Hi I would contact Izusu uk first and speak to their technical department.
As the recall work was done under warranty, and the performance and starting problems you are having is related with the work carried out on them they may be able to advise, remember if anything goes wrong with your engines due to altering performance which is not standard you may
not have a leg to stand on. If work could be warrantable to rectify the problem .  Confused
jonny m

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have contacted my dealer about the power loss and they say there is not alot they can do for me.They say the loss of power is to do with the injectors and the amounts of fuel they allow to engine he says the bhp and torque levels should be as specified by manufacturer around 156bhp but if i was really not happy he would pay for a rolling road test and if it was lacking in power he would have to take it up with I.M so there not all bad so it is going in to graham goodes for a rolling road test when i get back from holiday 2 feb i will keep you all posted chers john
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 19:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let us know how you get on...
eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 20:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

sometimes they do block the cat up this leads to a bit of black smoke and sluggish throttle response, seen 2 with this problem this week
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
sometimes they do block the cat up this leads to a bit of black smoke and sluggish throttle response, seen 2 with this problem this week

Eithan - is this just 3.0 motors or 3.0 motors fitted with chips?

cheers  Smile
eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

standard 3.0l chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: