2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

YES, IT'S THAT ***** AUTO SHIFTING THANG AGAIN!

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mutlley

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes.

i used gasket seal. be carefull if you do,you dont want any of it to end up floating around your gearbox.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:43    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

invincibull

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i changed the speed sensor and solved alot of things, gave me a speedo for a start,gave me overdrive 4th and 5th gears for a second,drives a hell of alot better for a 3rd BUT still down shifts randomly if i just slightly touch the throttle SO it looks like a new tps  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes
looks like something i will be buying after christmas and replaceing. regarding the gearbox oil i will be changing after christmas also when i do a full service of everything including fuel filter so will update to give more outcomes Wink
DYLAN

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you adjusted the tps? one way will give you quicker downshifts the other will give slower ones this post explains how to do it, 2 minute job mate and well worth doing.

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT
woodwizzard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 22:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at having a bid on a 1995 curvey dash 3.1 bighorn, do these suffer from this sensitive kickdown issue and if so are they adjustable in the same way?

I have read through this thread and just wondered if the reason for having the adjustment could be differing speed limits in different countries. Do we have a higher speed limit than Japan resulting in our cars being at higher revs than theirs thus needing this adjustment to compensate. Just a thought Confused
hercules

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

well ive just been and played with mine,wish id looked on here again first cos i remembered 3 volts where as its .3 volts,ner mind ive gone ccw a few mm and went for a run up the road and i could tell a difference,il have to nip up the motorway sunday and have a see but im sure i could tell the diff just going up road,and yes my o/d off light is flashing but only on tickover so i might just have another go now i know the volt setting
hercules

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

one question i have to ask is has anyone had one of these motors from new and could comment on the way the gearbox worked from new and if they noticed it change afther doing some miles
Ed Halliday

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:37    Post subject: Auto box changedowns Reply with quote

I have just read this thread, my recenty aquired 94 Bighorn has the same problems as described, as I've never had an auto before I thought it was my driving technique, it appears not, having read some of the other threads on speedo's, mine  reads in mph, and counts in miles ( I checked it seems to be right)not km, is this a normal mod for import?, does this affect the auto box in any way? mine sometimes changes down 2 gears, plenty revs no increase in speed, very irritating it is!, odometer shows 112000, does'nt seem to make sense as it was imported 2004.

cheers
Ed
DYLAN

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that it knocks down 2 gears can be changed by tweaking the tps, It is annoying when your doing 45-50 ish and you put your foot down only to be sat in a 2 1/2 ton lump reving it's nuts off and going nowhere Embarassed

A few minutes messing with the adjustment will sort this.

As far as the speedo, Mine reads in MPH but counts on the clock in KPH, Some do count in MPH i think but it's just a converter as is the speedo. These can also go wrong but there are plenty of posts on here to explain it.

Ed Halliday

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 20:52    Post subject: autobox kickdown Reply with quote

Thanks Dylan, I've read through all the stuff posted on the TPS and it appears to produce amazing results when tweaked, as I'm planning my first long run down to Norfolk next week to visit family it would improve the experience I'm sure,got some brake pipes to do first, the nearside front being a casualty of the drive shaft boot replacement( bloody Abs cable) it was rotten and sheared off, the rest are as bad so will have to be done.
After many years a company car driver I am very much back smelling of oil, brake fluid and having permenantly dirty hands and black fingernails, well it keeps me out the pub!

Cheers
Ed
Ed Halliday

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:25    Post subject: TPS adjustment Reply with quote

Dylan and all, had a little tinker with the TPS, moved it about 2 mm, check trans light flashes on tick over, but the improvement is major, I can now actually accelerate, when I get the chance I'll put the meter on it and try and set the correct voltages, so far very happy, it's like a different car and is showing some of the performance I expected when I bought it. Just another thought on the milage counter, if mine was imported in 04, would that mean some distance was recorded in km, and some in miles(after import and conversion), would this mean I can't be sure how far its travelled?, I only ask this because I am concerned about the cam belt, and don't want to rely on the light to tell me to change it, probably best to do it asap anyway?.
Thanks to all who have put so much time and effort into resolving problems with this vehicle and sharing it with us all, mm wonder if my bro in oz could get a new TPS for me?, keep you posted!
Cheers
Ed
DYLAN

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 15:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

My check trans flashes on tickover and has since i tweaked it, It does not bother me as i know it's me that has made it flash and not a fault. (if i ever sold it i'd put it back Wink )

Yes it could be so much km then rest in miles Wink

If you dont know for definate when the cam belt was done i'd air on the side of caution and get it replaced.

Ed Halliday

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:52    Post subject: Cambelt Reply with quote

Dylan, your right I will change the cam belt anyway, but can't do it till after I come back from Norfolk, I've just replaced all the brake lines to give me some peace of mind, but I will worry about the cam belt now, till it's done, can't help it I'm just made that way!!!

Cheers
Ed
bone1748

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 15:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

1996 3.1 bighorn,
Had this problem of changing down with a mind of it's own . Messed around with the TPS etc. for ages , to no avail. Blanking off the EGR valves cured it . Best thing I have done . It has really improved the truck .
apollo1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

This TPS Nightmare.
I have a Auto LWB 95 BigHorn so the TPS is on the accelerator pedal????. When Unscrewing the two screws how do I actually turn the unit. I know this may seem dumb but the round disk doesnt move but you can rotate the white plastic rod which is attached to it.
Please enlighten me  Embarassed
mutlley

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

trial and error fella. turn it one way, take it for a drive. see what happens. be prepared to see your check trans light  to flash like mad. its worth it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17

Jump to: