QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Help with Oil filter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toby

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 20:51    Post subject: Help with Oil filter Reply with quote

Bought a Bighorn 1994 3.1 turbo intercooler irmscher LWB last summer from dealer - was supposed to have handbook etc - still waiting, did oil change today - but feel like a dummy - cant find the oil filter!..... have serviced my old volvo for years so would have thought I should be able to find it.

Lovely tow vehicle - the partner loves it - total convert from the volvo ... but help for a 4X4 newbie required.

Thanks in advance - PS have ordered a manual from the club shop but really need to change the filter.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 20:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Steam Hound

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

its located on the drivers side of the engine at the bottom, just above the front diff  Wink
MartQ

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oil filter is accessable from underneath the vehicle, on the driver's side.

Look up towards the back of the engine between the torsion bar, front propshaft and exhaust.

If it's a fram filter fitted, you will really have to yank it to get it between the propshaft and torsion bar, as thesy are a couple of mm wider than other makes.
Toby

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - Just had a look - not quite sure how I could have missed that big thing tucked away in that area - will try some new glasses I think!
MartQ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't mention it  Very Happy
Toby

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 22:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to it this morning - not a nice place for a filter, fortunately not a Fram filter, once I got the thing turning was fine - All I can say is the dealer was supposed to have changed this on the pre delivery service - I think not by the amount of oil, dirt etc on it!

Anyway thanks again to both Steam Hound and MartQ - Next thing I got to find out is where I can get a rear wiper motor and rough price - Next weekends project - some more grazed knuckles!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: