QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Good caravan Sites

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other interests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimBanham
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 15:42    Post subject: Good caravan Sites Reply with quote

As we have a few caravanners on here thought I would start a post where we could all post our favvourite caravan sites - and what we like about them.

(Hope this is not classed as advertising?)

So here goes:

Clumber Park - Nottinghamshire - great for walks and bike rides

Ferry Meadows - Peterborough - easy access site with large park next door which is great for walking and also for kids
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 15:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 16:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cracking idea - maybe we should have some form of rough structure (ir price per night at time of stay, facilities overview, comments?) It could be a handy link for the club. I will run this by Simon (admin).
jjtrooper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 16:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy Balls in the New Forest - cracking site !!
MartQ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that somewhere to stay or something you end up with?

Embarassed
jjtrooper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 16:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny you should say that - a few years ago phoned directory enquiries for their number. The male operator said "is that what you get when you've been sat on the beach too long".

Yes it is their name and a very nice site too. Just tell everyone you're going to the New Forest, it sounds better !!
Peej
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go there a lot, on our rallies, is a lot cheaper that way.Good facilities and pool, but is in my opinion as most of the sites are a bit dear. Having said that they are plenty popular and are always busy, you pay your money and makes your choice.
GMARS70970

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know off any sites open this time of year in the scottish borders? Into my mountain bikeing and take the caravan (and beer) with me for some peace and quiet!!
Del Boy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 22:17    Post subject: Nice Site. Reply with quote

Great Idea to start Caravan Section or message board. Here's a site that may be of interest. "WIDDICOMBE FARM" near Torquay in Devon, we have been going here for over four years at least once a year. Very good family run site. Reasonable prices, very clean and something for all. Club house with five days a week entertainment. (Good Acts) and cheap beer. On site restaurant and take away. Shop and gas bottles. One of the friendliest and best run we have been to. They also take Rallies, 15 units or more at reduced rates. Have a look for yourself.

Widdicombe Farm Brochure
reddragondfw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 22:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

i8 have mentioned this to marky he said he would get in touch with the admin  but nothing yet  we are hopeing to set off in march to sunderlad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been mentioned a few times, but i still cant give a reply  Sad

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok marky but as you can see it is generating interest  and could be good for the forum my own opinion
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 16:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even my wife has said next time I go greenlaning she will come with me and we can bring the caravan (not on the tracks of course Smile)
Steam Hound

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 16:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimBanham wrote:
Even my wife has said next time I go greenlaning she will come with me and we can bring the caravan (not on the tracks of course Smile)

count me in boys ! will be watching in this one closley -  well done tim  Wink
Peej
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimBanham wrote:

Might be fun though! Very Happy Mind you think the anti's would have kittens. My missus would need it so she could have a ruddy pee every 10 mins! Rolling Eyes
Patch666

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 15:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grange Farm Brighstone Bay IOW

This is a nice family run site on the South West of the Island overlooking Brighstone Bay and is easily reached from all the ferry ports on the Island. It is well sited for exploring this side of the Island, but all other areas are easily reached by car.The site is situated on a cliff top overlooking a sand and stone beach, which is easily accessible from the site. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Care should be taken if camping near to the cliff edge as there is no fencing along the edge and this could be hazardous for small children. It is suggested that campers with small children pitch further away from the cliff edge. The site is flat and appears to have good soil drainage but there are no hard standing areas, so it could be a problem for heavy caravans or motor homes in wet weather. There appears to be plenty of ehu on the site.The kiddies play area was interesting and my kids spent a great deal of their time playing with other children there. There is a small farm yard area with a selection of animals. Children have to be accompanied by an adult but they found it interesting.The shower and toilet facilities were in good order and plentiful and there is one family shower and one bathroom, which is useful for families with small children. Hot water was plentiful. There are about 8 sink units for dish washing, a couple of clothes washing machines and a steam iron and ironing board.There is a reception/shop which sells all the basics you may need as well as beach toys for the kids. Fresh baked stuff daily but you have to be quick as these go very quickly. The beach is a mixture of pebbles and sand and maybe difficult for pushchairs and wheelchairs approaching the beach as the track is fairly steep and there are a lot of pebbles at the start of the beach. I found that swimming was better at high tides as at low tides there are rocks under the water surface and although not bad, it was at times difficult to stand up. There can be large waves which crash onto the beach so small children need to be supervised during these conditions. My children had many hours of fun on this beach, in the sea and looking for fossils amongst the pebbles and cliff face. The beach is kept clean by the site owners who remove washed up rubbish on a regular basis.The site is well worth a visit with plenty to do and see around the area.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other interests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: