2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

speedo dead,flashing overdrive light & no overdrive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bighornsully

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 20:17    Post subject: speedo dead,flashing overdrive light & no overdrive Reply with quote

If its possible to get some advice onmy bighorn transmission iwould really appreciate it & also where to locate some good source of spares.The problem ihave fellas is my speedo died on the m6 lastweekend&would not change up into overdrive,it also sent the overdrive light flashing which means there something wrong,just alittle bit.iam an auto spark&have diagnostic equipment of every walk but ihavent even found a way to get a flash code going.So i get my scope out after probing around with my meter& & finding no signal to the clocks after making piggy back lead to take for road test to see if  icould get a saw tooth pattern & avale nothing.i located the speed sensor to the tale end of the transfer box near the prop & find a 3wire sensor & removed it to investigate igive a resistance test & knocked the unit to get a scatty high resistance reading jumping about like a box of frogs.& igot a scatty signal also off the oscillor scope& also finding twisting the little shaft it was stiffer than a nun in a brewery.please tell me if my findings are anywhere near the target& the speed sensor is at fault.much apprecition to any input no matter if negative or positive.yours with regards sully Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Sad  Exclamation
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 20:17    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Hard1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 22:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erratic speedo and check trans light flashing usually  speed sensor as you have surmised. There are 2 versions, 2 wire and 3 wire. New, they are about £250.00 from Isuzu or Vauxhall. From a breaker, about £50.

Do a search for "speed sensor" and you will find loads..

By the way, some of the kms to mph electronic converters can cause havoc if you have one fitted.

Good luck.

Click HERE to see under my bonnet!
bighornsully

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

hard1 you are a star fella& much appreciated ,i thought as much but you cant beat hands on experiance which you have if there anything i can help you with just ask,i moderate in a carforum& also am a rep for digimoto & have a vaste server of all kinds of soft for automotive engineering & diagnostics ,askaway & i will help.regards sully
MartQ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get a flash code, there is a three pin connector hanging just inside the centre console.  From the driver's footwell, next to where the clutch pedal would be on a manual motor, look at the side of the console, the plastic side has a gap above it.  Feel around just along the top edge of this and you should find the connector dangling in there.  Fish it out and short pins a and c, the two outside ones.  flash code 24 is for a faulty VSS.  Flashes on the Check Trans lamp.
bighornsully

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 19:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

thankyou& very much apprecited your input marty.iam really impressed by the response& the knowledge of the members so far in the forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: