2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Automatic Transmition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
angelantonnio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 15:52    Post subject: Automatic Transmition Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I am from Puerto Rico and I have a 1995 Isuzu Tropper, V6, Automatic Transmition. I also have a 1990 4x4 Wrangler 4cyl 2.5 L, with manual transmition. The other day I notice that the transmition light on the Isuzu and I started having problems with its strength. It is not shifting and I have to shift it manually to run it, from Low Gear, than 2nd and so on until I get the speed up.
I check the fluid and it needed some, so I refill it, but no change in the gear change and speed.
The engine has a lot of power. I think the clutches are gone.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 15:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

MartQ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome.

I am not too sure with the autoboxes fitted to the V6 motors, but on the diesel motors, if the fuse goes for the transmission control, the gearbox goes into emergency mode which sounds similar to what you are describing.  Check the fuses and see what happens.
angelantonnio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I will check with the fuses, but I looked at the fluid few days after putting some fluid on the trans and now is a little darker. Thanks again.
MartQ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 16:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

See the posts towards the end of this page:

http://www.itocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4693&start=90
angelantonnio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 17:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I did put some of that Lucas in but just to refill. Tomorrow I will drive to the western side of the Island, and I will check everything with a friend. If its nothing major I will do a complete fluid change with Lucas additives, which are very good products.
Also a saw an increase on millage per gallon consumption putting in some Mistery Oil which you can put on your engine too. This is very good product to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: