2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

going Abroad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other Trooper queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrbeardie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 22:58    Post subject: going Abroad Reply with quote

hi everyone i was wondering if there should be anything i sould do as preventative maintanence as i am going to drive to austria and live there for a while. I have a 1997 3.1td duty. I have done all the basics ie filter(oil and air) and a complete fluid change also greasing the yokes. about to put a new radiator in and do complete belt change. Has anyone got and tips or adivse for this anything would be appriciated many thanks mrbeardie
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 22:58    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

wayneh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 23:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think you' about covered the lot apart from spare bulb,fuses and a gallon of oil.also alot of countries on the continent require you to carry hi-vis jacket and fire extinguisher.
moglite

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 0:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep the old belts as spares

Carry a toolkit......

My Isuzu let me down in the first week, because the alternator belt went slack. I had to wait many hours for the RAC for the want of a 12mm spanner.

Andy
MartQ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

The old 12mm crops up in loads of places on mine which is unusual on a car, 13mm is far more common usually.  Fortunately, being a biker I have a selection of 12mms.  So good advice there to carry some.
mrbeardie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im a sparky to trade and i have a good assortment of spanners in my tool box along with many goodies  and the tool box goes where ever i am, i kept all the old belt i replaced as well  along with 3 socket sets that are always in the car ''just in case'' thankyou for all the advise everyone is giving me. i will keep this updated as i travel accross europe though the next month or so
markymoan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 22:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you got an 8mm allen socket, its a must if you need to clean out the locking hubs or adjust the bearings  Smile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some were, a great must in a tool box a decent pair of water pump pliers i have found these to be invalubale far better than adjustable spanners and spanners, they are great to remove rounded, sheared and all the stuborn  nuts and bolts also a pair of footprint are good to carry
mrbeardie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone, finally made it to austria! and tis nice to be here. the drive across belgum, Netherlands into germany was good but long enough to be sitting in congestion from Essen to Doussldorth, then finally got to Unna in time for the Ball, well thats why i was there. then a couple of days there and up to a place called Munster about 50km's north (worth a visit) just watch the bicycles!!!! theres thousands of then. another couple of days there, then i set off to Austria WHAT a drive, 8h with about 20-30min break. The truck was superb!! the only two probs i had with it 1, the head lamp deflectors came off some wher between belgum and germany. 2, just over 1,3/4 tanks of fuel for 1000 miles. she was drinking the fuel at speeds of 90mph plus, one of the smothest car i have driven at these speeds over the period of driving. dose anyone know of any off road clubs in this part of the world, i would like to give it a try. time to settle down and start drinking some propper BEER. again thankyou for all of the advise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other Trooper queries All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: