2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

re map 3.0 td

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Killer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Webby wrote:
The 3.1 does not use an ECU.  The tuning can be done though by optimising the fuel pump.  A number of companies can do this, Derv Doctor, Van Aken or Allisport.  Do a search for it on here there is a lot of infomation.

Thanks Webby, appreciate the info.
Cheers. John.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:41    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a bid of email tennis with a remap company here is another option...
Quote:
Hi Chris

I have now had some feedback on this vehicle and whilst it can be done, it is a little more complex than I had thought.

- We would need your ECU for upto 2-3 days (although we would try and get it back to you earlier)
- We would have to read the original file from your ECU and send it to our suppliers in Italy
- We would have to pay for checksum calculation (something we could normally do ourselves but not on your vehicle)
- We would have to pay for a Driver file (something we could normally do ourselves but not on your vehicle)
- Bottom line is that we could offer a good performance increase on your vehicle but the extra work and expense we would incur would be reflected in our price to you.

Charge: Fully inclusive of vat, postage and additional expenses would be £425

Whilst I appreciate this is possibly more than you were expecting, it is a rather unusual case. (Be aware there are companies that will tell you this vehicle can be remapped via the OBD (Diagnostic Plug) unfortunately that is not the case and all you would be getting is a "Placebo" or FAKE tune.

If you require any further information please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards

Mike Walton
OoLoO Ltd
mike@oolootek.co.uk
Mobile: 07852 253 007
www.oolootek.co.uk

I have actually picked up a TUNIT box so for now am going to run this for a while and see if my lost power returns. The solution above is one members can consider alongside Turbo Chips solution.
Hard1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 13:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killer wrote:
Webby wrote:
The 3.1 does not use an ECU.  The tuning can be done though by optimising the fuel pump.  A number of companies can do this, Derv Doctor, Van Aken or Allisport.  Do a search for it on here there is a lot of infomation.

Cheers. John.

I'd be a bit careful here as Grandad pointed out on another thread, by late '95 the fuel system became electronic on 3.1's.....that's manufactured year, not registered year...

Therefore it would have a "magic box"

Click HERE to see under my bonnet!
drmuir
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 13:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris that is exactly what turbo chip solutions have done to my car only they can do it there and then over the internet with there engine boffs in denmark . no need for car to be out of action for a few days just 2-3 hours .
good luck with the tunit module .

Dougie .
Webby

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 15:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard1 wrote:
Killer wrote:
Webby wrote:

Cheers. John.

I'd be a bit careful here as Grandad pointed out on another thread, by late '95 the fuel system became electronic on 3.1's.....that's manufactured year, not registered year...

Therefore it would have a "magic box"

Oopps!  
Have just seen Grandad's post, i stand corrected.  Is that the same time as the power went up?
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 16:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup!  113bhp to 125bhp from memory
Henry3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 19:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right... forgive for being a bit simple   Smile Confused  but my 3.1 is 1996 P which should therefore have electronic fuel injection and be chippable if a chip could be found?

I was always of the thinking (probably wrongly!) that my 3.1 was of mechanical fuel injection and thus would be more inline for 'optimising' rather than chipping or re mapping
markymoan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont take the 96 as gospel, yours could be an earlier one as its the date it comes of the line not the year its registered.
The only way to check is by checking manualy
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 21:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry3 wrote:
Right... forgive for being a bit simple   Smile Confused  but my 3.1 is 1996 P which should therefore have electronic fuel injection and be chippable if a chip could be found?

I was always of the thinking (probably wrongly!) that my 3.1 was of mechanical fuel injection and thus would be more inline for 'optimising' rather than chipping or re mapping

The build date is on the vin plate on the bulkhead directly under the vin number on the right of the plate should read similar to this

AI/JF           A=0
  08/95          B=1
                    C=2
                    D=3
                    E=4
                    F=5
                    G=6
                    H=7
                    I=8
                    J=9

Also check the date on the seatbelts for a rough guide. It's known to be quite accurate.

Click HERE to see under my bonnet!
drmuir
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 18:49    Post subject: 3.0 remap Reply with quote

Chris can you give me a update on your tunit box was it up to much mate .
Dougie .
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its currently sat in my glove box... the Tunit made it mis-fire around 2500-3000rpm so I took the box off and replaced it with a bodge plug wired straight thru to replace the box. When it was on the car it made quite a noticable difference thru most of the rev range with a big improvement in torque low down. I have spoken with Tunit regarding the problems and they have asked me to drop my motor in and they will sort the problem out (good service as the box is just out of their 3yr warranty)
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TUNIT box I fitted caused the motor to misfire (similar to this thread) when accelerating ... so it was hastily removed and fitted with a bypass plug.
TUNIT have tested the unit and its not faulty so its causing a wobble with the ECU.... Confused
Does anybody know if the TECH2 can operate while a TUNIT is installed? (EITHAN___?)

It takes a 12V feed and also a sense feed from accelerator position sensor (ECU pin 25) then the common rail sensor wire (ECU pin 7) is cut and fed thru the tunit box... so in effect the tunit is fooling the ECU into delivering fuel at a different speed/rate/time.

The tunit does make a noticable power difference and returns the power back to that of my old SWB 3.0 before any injectors were replaced (the good old days of torque in 4th gear at 30mph) however with the misfire so noticable its either fix the problem or flog the tunit.
drmuir
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 16:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris i would go back to your first idea ecu re-map chip, have had no prolems since mine was done about 4 months ago , great to have a bit of power again and it does not show  up on Tech 2 equipement .
eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 22:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

drmuir wrote:
Chris i would go back to your first idea ecu re-map chip, have had no prolems since mine was done about 4 months ago , great to have a bit of power again and it does not show  up on Tech 2 equipement .

sounds good until isuzu ask  the dealer to reflash the latest version to the ecu the remap has gone then.

chris the tech 2 should work with a tunit box as long as it doesn't need the obd2 plug
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 23:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
sounds good until isuzu ask  the dealer to reflash the latest version to the ecu the remap has gone then.

Exactly my fear.... £500 of remad wiped out by the dealer  Shocked

The TUNIT is fitted into the loom, soldered joints for the Accel Position, 12V+ve and 12-ve then split the rail sensor and solder to the in/out of the TUNIT so should be invisible to TECH2... in theory!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: