QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

What Constitutes a Club Event?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hard1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:33    Post subject: What Constitutes a Club Event? Reply with quote

Like others, I'm confused as to what exactly constitutes a ITOCUK event and what doesn't. Be it an off-road, green lane, social gathering.

Also like others, I would have though that if a bunch of ITOC members got together and did something informal, then, by definition that is a kind of Club Event, no?

Also, (just curious) can we not discuss other events we might (or not) be going to on this forum?

Not being provocative, just need to understand...  Smile

Sorry if I haven't read the rules properly. Embarassed

Click HERE to see under my bonnet!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

markymoan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its quite simple, if the club itself is involved then its an official club event, if not then its an event for the club, in the latter it would still mean informing admin of the details so the club can approve/ dissaprove.
Just imagine a load of people deciding to go to a place that they are not supposed to  Shocked
We could not have such a thing aranged on the forums.

Hope that helps

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well what i think, Correct me if im wrong is,,,,,,,       There was an altercation between an ITOC Member who was arranging a  meet and an admin (or two) who wanted to inpose on a meeting that was arranged by  a company who charges money for the privaledge of being shown the routes of the GREEN LANES.. Now i went to Wales with a member who arranged a fantastic day out  and a few more descent guy's and their family members. We had an enjoyable day but if the people that i don't wish to mention had their way we might have started a fantastic day out with an argument and how would that have looked for this club????? All i can say is we all enjoyed it.        And the only way we could have possibly got there was through this club we have come to  know and love as ITOCUK.co.uk

Just incase members wondered what started the ball rolling.....

rabbitt

1994 Isuzu Bighorn
Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 17:17    Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my vote is to leave things as they are , for the folks that may not diside they are going until the morning of the event and for the good of our club

If we all meet where and when we agreed to and happen to come across this said other event they will quickly find out that we are neither paying or cgarging for the event as its on public by-ways so what better advertising for the club could you want and in the same note is going to show the other club up for the scamers they are !

so in short i would rather keep thinks as are so as not to cause any confusion amung our members.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLLHe_DSQt4

markymoan

1990 Isuzu Trooper
Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 17:24    Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with Rabbitt, if our members look for the yellow diamonds there wont be a problem or any confusion  

DYLAN

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

DYLAN wrote:
If i am wrong about the reasons for the confusion running through the club at the moment PLEASE correct me...
Hard1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Marky. So a Club event is one which involves not only members but someone who administrates the forum on behalf of the club, and that person or persons have to consider it, give it their seal of approval (or not) and we go from there?

So, if someone has an idea for an event and gets other member's support for it, the next step is to contact the forum admins for approval for it to be classified as an official ITOC event? Have I got this right?

markymoan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard1 wrote:
Thanks for the reply Marky. So a Club event is one which involves not only members but someone who administrates the forum on behalf of the club, and that person or persons have to consider it, give it their seal of approval (or not) and we go from there?

Anybody can organise a club event, it doesnt need a club rep to help or be there.
All it takes is Admin to know what when where and disclaimers signed by all participants so neither the club or the person organising the event can be held responsible for any mishaps.
Crazy i know, but its a crazy pc world.

If its a bunch of guys organising a get together, then admin should still know what when where if its being organised over the club forums.
Its not a big brother thing, its for the safety of members and the continued good name of the club.

Ive posted this to try and stop the blind confusion, i'm sure Simon(itoc) will correct or add to it if needed.
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, fully understand this. Thanks for the heads up. It would also be useful to understand how this sanction or approval from the club is achieved - what is the process? By admin are you referring to Simon?

Also apologies for the duplicate posting on the WALES thread...I will desist from posting again on that thread but they were pretty much already talking about what I'm asking!

markymoan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the location date and time are posted in the thread and its all above board then feel free to go ahead.
If any of the details are not to be posted then a simple pm to simon(itoc) and a mention of doing so in the thread ,
In either case it doesnt need to await approval, if a person thinks it may need approving then i would be thinking why? if its all above board  Wink  
I hope that clears it up a little  Smile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual , clear as mud  Confused
markymoan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 18:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Peter, i do try  Smile
How about this (copied from POCUK)

This is clearly an emotive issue for some, but it should be remembered that we are all allowed to use public rights of way within specific guide lines.
The club is happy to endorse group events under the following guidelines:

1/ No laws must be broken during the course of the event.
2/ The event must take place on areas of public access - unless the 'owner' of that land has given prior consent.
3/ Due care must be shown to both the environment and other legitimate users of those public areas. In particular, you should ensure minimal disturbance of local residents and you agree not to antagonise any 'anti' groups or individuals you may encounter.
4/ In any organised group event arranged through the ITOCUK, the MAXIMUM size of any group of vehicles in a convoy must not exceed 4 vehicles, with a MINIMUM of 15 minutes between groups - the ONLY exception to this would be where we have larger numbers of attendees, then a maximum of 5 vehicles, where there is 1 experienced leader, 1 experienced trailer and 3 novices in-between, making a total of 5 vehicles in a group.
5/ Any vehicle used must be roadworthy AND 'fit for purpose'
6/ At least 1 member of the group should be responsible for providing at least a basic level of first aid (including equipment).
7/ All members of the group should ensure that their insurance will cover them for participating in off-road driving - this should not be an issue for NON-COMPETITIVE events!
8/ Participation in any events arranged using the ITOCUK services is understood to be undertaken at the participants own risk.
9/ Participants take part in the full knowledge that the ITOCUK, (nor any of the ITOCUK members involved in organising, coordinating or supporting the event), have no liability for any incident to yourself, nor any third party, that occurs during or en-route to or from any event - you MUST make sure that your own insurance covers you while you are involved with the event.
10/ All participants at any event organised through the ITOCUK must sign a standard ITOCUK disclaimer in order to attend that event.  Failure to do so will result in exclusion from that event.  Disclaimers are available by contacting the Events Coordinators.

There are a number of interesting websites which should be reviewed if you're thinking of participating in an off-road event -
http://www.juracid.demon.co.uk/greenlanes
http://www.difflock.com/offroad/greenlanes.shtml

Ideally, if you are participating in any off-road event, you should previously have attended some form of off road driving tuition.
Check the following for more information:
http://www.borda.org.uk
http://www.overlandertraining.co.uk

The main point to remember is that 'green lanes' are NOT a 4x4 playground - they are there to be driven with care and consideration - there are any number of off-road clubs that offer facilities for the 'more advanced' drivers.

I hope this is OK and trust that our position is clear.

Please note : If you include your location in your forum profile, (click the <profile> button at the top of the page after you have logged in), then it makes it easier to notify people of events in their area - It doesn't have to be specific .... county or nearest large town will do!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesus - is this deliberate to drive people away

Ive read that lot twice and as peter says - its clear as mud

I cant see that the recent meet would be any better or worse if we had all had a bloody yellow diamond and signed a piece of paper (waiver)

Ive been for meets with 5 4x4 forum based clubs in the last few years (depending on which 4x4 I have at the time) - 4x4 clubs, suzuki clubs, etc etc,   and none of them have members who seem so interested in PC POLITICS as some people on here do

Are we not overlooking the great social and informal nature of open forum like this

To get events sanctioned - by people who arent even going to attend them seems pointless

I for one see no reason for crocket to be given a hard time for organising one of the best days out ive been on (regardless of club)

Rolling Eyes
TimBanham
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been keeping my mouth shut on this but I have to say I think things are getting out of hand with all this.

Not sure what went on with Crocket (and I know we will find out in due course) but let's keep things sensible.

I thought this forum was all about owners getting together and having a good time with our vehicles.

I for one had a great time in wales and feel that all the bad blood is spoiling my enjoyment of the club - I was thinking of going on a club sanctioned event and now I am not so sure.  I was going to sign up for life membership - but again I am no longer sure that I want to.

We have to be very careful that we do not try to impose our will on others as this is a sure fire way to make things fail.

Why don't we let bygones be bygones and get on with enjoying our vehicles..

Here's a suggestion - lets not worry about whether it is a "Club" event or not but just whether we are having a good time - obviously we are all adults here and know what rules we shouldn't be breaking around green laning etc..
coz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

here here Laughing
Peter Bonnell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well said Tim and Coz
itocuk
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 22:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ITOCUK is all about getting trooper owners together - whether it's for technical advice, meetings or simply a chat ...

'Club Events' are, quite simply, events organised by ITOC members, for ITOC members.

However, (and it was a good idea for Mark to copy over the 'guidelines' from POCUK), by organising an event this way, the bottom line is, when you're out there, you're representing the club and there needs to be an element of accountablilty.

This can ONLY work if it is done in a planned, 'authorised' way, which includes keeping the 'team' up to date with plans and asking for help from the 'team' where required, for example to source disclaimers etc ...

At the end of the day, we have links with GLASS (for example) who have in the past approached me about reports on events where our club members have been spotted - I have had to provide an account!

Involving the community as a whole not only helps to bond and progress the club, but ensures that matters are conducted in an open and honest way.

This isn't a community for 'all comers' to 'arrange whatever you like' - If people want to 'go off and do their own thing' then it isn't a 'Club event' - it's really not that difficult Confused

I'm sorry if anybody is still finding this hard to comprehend, but I am happy to clarify specific points if anybody is still struggling Rolling Eyes

Simon (Admin)

QuoteSeek - Free to use Insurance quote comparison service.

Google Ads - you know it makes sense Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: