QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Rate Direct Line Insurance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS insurers / insurance
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Please rate Direct Line Insurance
Excellent service and value!
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
Very good
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
Average
23%
 23%  [ 5 ]
Below par
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
Hopeless!
28%
 28%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 21

itocuk
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 0:05    Post subject: Rate Direct Line Insurance Reply with quote

Please rate Direct Line based on your overall experience. Consider the customer service, price, product contents and quality and aftercare, (claims etc).

Last edited by itocuk on Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:18; edited 1 time in total
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 0:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Gerry McConaghy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:16    Post subject: Insurance quotes Reply with quote

Cant get connected to their site.....technicalproblem perhaps
TWOFLOATS

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 23:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

been using this company for a few years now for a citroen and now a 1994 big horn just phone their free phone number for a quote i tried a couple in a 4x4 mag and no anwser or they never got back with a quote.so they won hands down made a claim on the citroen well handled and work completed quickly
Hard1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 0:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

been using Privilege (Direct Line) for about 8 years. They were one of the only companies that originally would insure an import and the premium has gone down every year! Made a claim on windscreen recently and they (Autoglass) came and fixed it within 6 hours at my house. The only cheaper company I came across for the Bighorn was Churchill, but I decided to stay with Privilege as they have always been first rate.

Click HERE to see under my bonnet!
Hard1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 14:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't believe I'm the last one to post about this company 2 years ago!!! Anyway an update. As you have possibly read elsewhere I am now with the club scheme. Spot on! Privilege (Direct line) gradually screwed up the premium and became less & less interested. Being with them 8 years counted for nothing in the end so I switched to Churchill, who are ironically, owned by the same people (RBS), who in turn stiffed me by refusing to reinsure me for the Bighorn after I switched my NCB to another vehicle! They said they didn't insure people with zero NCB. Hang on I said, I have 10 years NCB, I've just used it on another vehicle. Tough they said.

Bollox I said and parked the Bighorn for over 8 months instead.

The final "stiffing" from Churchill came when I asked for proof of NCB and they eventually sent a certificate showing only 6 years. I said hang on, I've got 10, and they said, 6 is our maximum discount anyway. So, I've now got nothing to prove I have more than 6 years if it makes a difference sometime.

Bloody cheats the lot of 'em... Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad

Click HERE to see under my bonnet!
reddragondfw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was with direct line for years but their prices were going up and up each year so i got a cheaper quote from the aa but that has gone up with a bang since i bought my trooper so i will be looking  again next year
markymoan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should try the club insurance, Gary does a great deal  Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

we are just about to dump direct line as they won't insure us against theft unless we have a new immobiliser system fitted as we cannot ge the proof they require for our factory fitted one....... plus the excess is huge for 4x4 users!
burger

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

You only know how good an insurance company is when you make a claim, as far as Direct line are concerned I would not touch them again with a barge pole. I had been insured with them for years. When I had a claim  the vehicle require a new wing and a repair to the  painted front bumper. it went in to their "approved" repairer, who did a reasonable job on the wing although he missed a couple of small dents, but he only painted half of the bumper. So the repaired half was all smooth  and the original half was still textured. When I queried the repairer he advised that this was all that  the direct line engineer had authorised. I eventually got it sorted and the engineer did not deny that he had only authorised  the  painting  of half the bumper. A shower of COWBOYS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS insurers / insurance All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: