2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Corroded Fuel Pipes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
g-parker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:43    Post subject: Corroded Fuel Pipes Reply with quote

Folks

Noticed a diesel patch under the Monty the other day, and a crawl around underneath yesterday revealed some severe corrosion on the pipes from the tank along the chassis in places.

I'm considering replacing all the pipes in one go rather than patch up whats left (don't really want to have to do it again in 6 months or so).

A few questions;

1) For MOTs and the like  - do the replacements have to be metal or is there a suitable plastic alternative? (the cars not currently used for serious off roading).

2) The main pipe is a larger bore than the return pipes - can I use the same size of pipe throughout, or are there pressure issues if the internal diameters are different?

3) Couldn't see anything on Milners, but are there complete replacement kits available?

I read in an earlier post that someone used copper to replace the pipe rather than steel, and as I have a coil of central heating microbore lying in the garage, I'm tempted to go this route!! (Hence question 2).

Any advice/info gratefully received.

Gus

(1994 Monterey 3.1 LTD LWB)
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:43    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

greasemonkey
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
As its diesel i would use
plastic or rubber
quick fits are perfectly ok for this
any commercial dealer will have all you need
on the shelf as most heavies use plastic pipes
they will even have the proper compression
ends for fitting to the filter housing and pick up
regards
steve
jonkem

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 15:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got copper for fuel & axle breathers. 8mm & 10mm are available from plumbing supplies. No issue with MOT. Return doesn't have to be smaller bore.
2000 Astra Estate (work)
2006 VXR Astra
MK1 SR Nova
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: