4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

2001 Y plate 3lt trooper

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gypsyfilly1964
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 17:41    Post subject: 2001 Y plate 3lt trooper Reply with quote

Well what can i say,  I thought the car i am getting had its recall work done, but after a quick phone call to IM group and only having my reg number they have confirmed that work hasnt been done.  Advised me to ring my local dealer.

Rang Days of Chelmsford and i couldnt find a more helpful service.  They said that as soon as i have picked up the trooper to ring them up and they will book it in for a check (to see if work needs doing) and then do it.  They were superb.  

In the meantime i know to keep an eye on oil level, though i did not smell any diesel in oil when i dipped the dipstick.

To be honest i cant ask for better service than that.  They confirmed that the work would be done FOC and i dont mind spending a morning wandering around chelmsford, shops maybe quite interesting.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 17:41    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

tommo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
sounds like it`s a good result for you and just goes to show the importance of checking with I.M re recall work.Shame that those who sell troopers don`t know the vehicles status regarding recalls prior to selling therefore helping us trooper fans make a informed decision when departing with our hard earned cash Wink
Hard1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 13:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would necessarily be too quick to blame individual dealers for this, it really would appear to apply to the whole rotten & mainly crooked car industry full stop. There's really only a few honest Joe's out there, including the manufacturer's who, like all other greedy corporates are going to let you bear the brunt of the cost of their own mistakes if they can wangle it.

It's exactly why VOSA set up this web site:

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp

For example, there are several critical recalls concerning my Mercedes which I have owned from new and earn my living with. I have had zero contact from Mercedes but found the recalls on this website. Mercedes just shrug their shoulders about it... Grrrrrrr Evil or Very Mad

Click HERE to see under my bonnet!
Hard1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 13:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

here you go:

Trooper: http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/searches/search.asp

All categories list the same 2 recalls to save you time. The heater and "diluted engine oil"

That's putting it mildly, but it's up there for all to see with recall numbers etc.

For anyone buying a new(ish) vehicle, this site is a Very Good Idea.

Gypsyfilly1964
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rang the dealers this afternoon when i got in from work, they ask for VIN number and confirmed again that work needed doing, so have ordered the parts, injectors and ceramic heater thingy, and they said that should take 1 - 2 weeks, as soon as parts are in they will ring to arrange a time for it to go in to be done.  They havent even checked it, i guess they figured it would be cheaper to do it anyway rather than risk blowing up the car.  After the fiasco in the first place i doubt they want any more bad publicity with regard to blowing up engines, they need to recover.    But i am still impressed anyway.
Gypsyfilly1964
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 16:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

had a phone call from Days this morning, car is going in tuesday for its recall work.  I cannot complain, not bad.  Only order parts on 13th, 8 days later, parts in and car booked in.

Will let you know how it goes after the work is done.

Still really pleased with the car.
markymoan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 17:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great result  Very Happy
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

all done, both injectors  and ceramic heaters, and not a penny changed hands.  Well done Isuzu
Hard1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gypsyfilly1964 wrote:
all done, both injectors  and ceramic heaters, and not a penny changed hands.  Well done Isuzu

And ITOC?  Wink

Gypsyfilly1964
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 17:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard1 wrote:
Gypsyfilly1964 wrote:

And ITOC?  Wink

erm yes well done itoc, isuzu and days of chelmsford.

a BIG well done to all involved
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: