4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Bighorn insurance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS insurers / insurance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Timbo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 18:22    Post subject: Bighorn insurance Reply with quote

For anyone considering/just bought a BIGHORN

I recently bought my Bighorn thinking that insurance would no different to that quoted for a UK Trooper. I later discovered (naively), I was wrong and many quotes later couldnt believe some of the prices for an auot import Sad . Finally went through the club's recommended broker and was pleasently surprised - 100's cheaper Very Happy . It also seems to be beneficial for my wife to be a named driver Confused . Always worth checking out.

Timbo
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 18:22    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Richardhw
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 18:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do other insurances as well, they have just about halved my premium for my public liability with twice as much cover Exclamation  Exclamation , will be giving them first shot at all my onthers when they are due Very Happy
rallymarshall

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i was looking round for a trooper, i priced an imported bighorn (all the extras) and it come back about £300, bought a mk4 3.0 trooper duty (b*gger all extras) and it costing me £500, dont make sense realy, insurance wise, your better off buying an import

65 vauxhall mokka 1.6cdti 4x4 se
66 vauxhall corsa vxr
the flower man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have just taken out insurance on a 3.1 td bighorn lotus se with the club and was very impressed with the amount the it came out as and the cover you got for your money Very Happy ,then this morning i was sent the paperwork and relised why it was so cheap Shocked the company had assumed lots of things about me that they didnt ask! the millege limit was only 6000 per year, they gessed the millage on nthe clock which was rong firstly and also in miles and not kms.it was so much lower than the true millage that the 6000 mile limit would have been crossed even before i had driven the car at all.there were so many problems with the paperwork that i thought it was some other person insurance and would have no hope if i had to make a clame. still waiting for the man to ring me back so is not resolved yet. club members be wear!!!!!! read the small print, you may not me covered
TimBanham
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

the flower man wrote:
i have just taken out insurance on a 3.1 td bighorn lotus se with the club and was very impressed with the amount the it came out as and the cover you got for your money Very Happy ,then this morning i was sent the paperwork and relised why it was so cheap Shocked the company had assumed lots of things about me that they didnt ask! the millege limit was only 6000 per year, they gessed the millage on nthe clock which was rong firstly and also in miles and not kms.it was so much lower than the true millage that the 6000 mile limit would have been crossed even before i had driven the car at all.there were so many problems with the paperwork that i thought it was some other person insurance and would have no hope if i had to make a clame. still waiting for the man to ring me back so is not resolved yet. club members be wear!!!!!! read the small print, you may not me covered

Give the man a chance - he usually comes good in the end
Hard1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Club scheme for Bighorn is the best I have used for years, no-one else could get close. Also £500 cheaper on house insurance.

Click HERE to see under my bonnet!
the flower man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 13:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have since heard from the man. bless i think he was new. lol anyway he said to me that the paperwork he had sent to me was a standard contract that doesnt appliy to my pollicy? Confused even though my details were on it? Confused he told me to ammend the paperwork and send it back to him and he will sort the rest out. does this sound like a normal thing to do? i have never experianced anything quite like it. suppose i just need reashurance that i am covered. what do you recon, sounds abit dodg.my be i am worrying for no reason
Hard1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 19:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything's a risk these days, even insuring you!

Make sure it's what you want, I can only say that everything appears to be spot on with my dealings with them.

Why would you trust Tesco or Churchill come to that? "New" people that screw up in the office seem part of the game these days. If you're really undecided, talk to Gary - he's the main man... Wink

Click HERE to see under my bonnet!
the flower man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

gary was the man i spoke to first and you are right there he knows his stuff.the other man was just confused.ammending the paperwork and am sending tomorrow. thanks for the rershurance if you have been with them for a while i will take your word for it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS insurers / insurance All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: