4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Advice please guys and gals... 3.1 ENGINE PROB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other Trooper queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidND

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 21:03    Post subject: Advice please guys and gals... 3.1 ENGINE PROB Reply with quote

I've just had my 94 3.1 citation trooper written off (rolled into a lamp post whilst I was stood outside on my phone would you believe... Oh THATS what the hand brake is for!!!) However, it turned out that the chassis was so rotten at front it should have failed the MOT at least two years ago!!! So, now need a new one.

Just found a beautiful (chassis, bodywork and interior) 3.1TD on an R at 124k & £3.3k Brakes are U/s and also zip refrigerant but I'm not worried about those too much.

WHat really bothered me was that when I it started from cold it was misfiring - giving symptoms similar to an HT tracking down - until it got warm with blue smoke clearing then coming again. It wasn't the normal pump issue - blue smoke till it clears jobby either cos mine suffered that for years. So, i took the oil filler cap off and started it again with my hand over the filler. It spat oil at my hand and there seemed a little too much compression. When I got home I started my old beast and tried the same thing. Firstly I didn't get oil all over my hand and secondly the compression feeling on my hand was approx half.

So, the question is, is the engine beggered? If so what do I have to spend to get it back, how and by whom? I've heard that new liners are possible by very hit and miss...

Sorry for the diatribe but I'm desperate to get me a good example - SOON!

David
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 21:03    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jonkem

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be a few different things, some are easy, some are not. Simple answer, if you're not 100% sure, walk away from it. Wink

Nobody can give you a definitive answer, even of they could see the car themselves!

Good hunting  Smile
2000 Astra Estate (work)
2006 VXR Astra
MK1 SR Nova
gary820
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mate i bought my 3.1LWB from has a SWB too he mentioned would sell it, I think it a citation! not sure on year i know it a deisel!! (useless i know!) if your on the hunt and interested i could have a word get some info and a price, he uses daily so a good runner. only in york so not too far for you to travel!! oh it's silver and got front spot lamps  Embarassed (yeah still useless) like Jonkem says if not 100% walk away!!
It free for me to ask him if you want?
MartQ

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds suspiciously like goosed valve stem seals to me.
DavidND

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 23:31    Post subject: Thank peeps Reply with quote

[quote="gary820"]A mate i bought my 3.1LWB from has a SWB too he mentioned would sell it, I think it a citation! not sure on year i know it a deisel!! (useless i know!) if your on the hunt and interested i could have a word get some info and a price, he uses daily so a good runner. only in york so not too far for you to travel!! oh it's silver and got front spot lamps  Embarassed (yeah still useless) like Jonkem says if not 100% walk away!!
It free for me to ask him if you want?[/quote]

Thanks Gary but its a LWB im after. The swb simply doesn't carry enuf kids at weekends!!!

Why do you feel it may be teh valve stems?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other Trooper queries All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: