2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Stanage Edge and others Green Lane Day 15-04-07

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events - ideas, reviews and photos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markymoan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 22:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somewhere nice matt, or a racecourse  8)
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 22:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

:::Matski:::
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 22:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with si...........
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

markymoan wrote:
Somewhere nice matt, or a racecourse  8)

Work, work, work. But Cheltenham is a nice racecourse Wink
gary820
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not!!  Shocked
i think chris is the man for the job he did such a lovely job first time with the sum up!! call it his practice run !!  Very Happy
markymoan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 22:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

gary820 wrote:
i'm not!!  Shocked
i think chris is the man for the job he did such a lovely job first time with the sum up!! call it his practice run !!  Very Happy

And his username soooooo fits in  Laughing
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 23:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

gary820 wrote:
i'm not!!  Shocked

Laughing ok Chris is the one then. I think we were voting for who would tell him Wink
gary820
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 23:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't mind telling him!! i'll put it too him gently!!  Shocked he has the knowledge after all i'll PM him now.
dxmedia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahha, I'm away for a few hours and look what happens !!!!

I'll put something together, if Matt, can you give me the grid ref for the start and end of each track? - Or insert them at a later date? (either that or I might have a look on tinternet).

Oh anything I type will need spell checking !!!!!

01553 845 945
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about the grid refs, it only needs to be short. I would think they will pair it down a bit at their end anyway. Looking through the mag 1/4 page of text is the norm, with up to 1/2 page being the max.

Just make sure you get the club name in there Wink

Much appreciated,
Matt.
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 13:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

siweb wrote:
err..... i vote chris Rolling Eyes

On first read thru I had a slight panic...
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 14:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sent this to someone, but as I have put it all down, I may as well share it.

Houndkirk Moor: sk270805 to sk290836 (some testing parts, but with a alternative easy way past)

Stanage Edge: sk256851 to sk227844 (this is the one! this way is down hill, and with a good chance of damage if you don't go steady and have someone spotting)

This links to Bamford steps (and a pint in Bamford  )

Bamford Steps: sk213839 to sk208837

Shatton Moor: sk190824 to sk185825 then sk183821 to sk201815 (good views, and a dirt hole on the left of track ((sk189803))

Ughill Moors (stake hill road): sk242884 to sk246904 (easy but nice grassy lane, very pretty)

These are the lanes we drove but if you buy Landranger OL 110 you will find others in the area. I would guess that there would be more on the next map down (OL 119) but don't know for sure.

Hope this helps.
dxmedia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll need editing down... but....

Whilst reading through the Isuzu Troopers Owners Club forum (www.itoc.co.uk) there was a post from Matt on Friday the 13th (was this a bad omen?) that he was planning on visiting the Hope Valley in the Peak District on Sunday the 15th. By Sunday morning there was 5 people who were interested in going, so a meeting was arranged for midday at the Fox House pub on the A625 out side of Hathersage.

The weather was perfect, and at midday 4 troopers were parked up, unfortunately the 5th suffered from a breakdown on route and was unable to make it this time. The lineup was Matt in his LWB MK1, Gary in his LWB MK2, Simon in his LWB MK3, and myself (Chris) supporting the underdog in my LWB Vauxhall Monterey.

The first port of call was Houndkirk road (sk270805 to sk290836) which was a gentle introduction to the day. This is mainly a sand and rock lane which undulates over the peaks, the going gets a little tricky past the bridge, but with plenty ground clearance, and a careful path selected over the rockier bits there was no issues to have been had.

From the end of Houndkirk road the convoy turned left into Ringinglow village, then a quick left right turn to head past the Alpaca’s (a strange farm to be finding) and onto Redmires Reservoirs. This brought us to the 2nd lane of the day, Stanage Edge (sk256851 to sk227844). Matt’s description of this was a hopeful one ‘I’ve been told that if your something bigger than a Freelander, there will be no issues!!!’ oh for foresight... As the road went past the last reservoir, it swings to the right, 4wd was selected, and a gentle climb up a sandy track ensues. There appears to be a bomb hole about 1/3 of the way up, but since this wasn’t marked on the map we all decided to give this a miss. Once through the gate which marks the beginning of the National Park the convoy worked it’s way up to Stanage Pole, a local landmark. At this point the track swings to the right, a few nods to 4 Discoveries which are also on a jaunt, and the convoy is now driving along side Stanage Edge. After a couple of hundred meters of very gentle lane the surface changes dramatically to one of large rocks and quick a steep decent.

We all decide to pull over and walk the route to make sure that there’s going to be nothing of a surprise, and just then all 4 Landrovers come crawling past. Simons reasoning ‘Well if they can get down, surely we can?’. Back in the 4x4’s and off we go. Matt in his MK1 went first, having the least ground clearance, it was going to be an indication how the rest of us will do (and he’s planning on scrapping it in a couple of weeks!). Well we all made down the first series of rocks, and notice that the Landrovers have come to a halt. The second section it far more interesting, with the need to straddle rocks and pick a very careful path down. At this point, Simon Gary and myself decide that for the sake of our sills we about turned and meet up with Matt who planned on carrying on. After some careful spotting Matt and his MK1 cleared the rocks and left the rest of us to pick our way back to Redmires.

A quick drive back through Ringinglow, and up into the National Park, round the Fiddlers Elbow and down the front of Stanage by road and we met back up at the Stanage South car park to carry on.

Taking New Road to the back of Bamford led us to the 3rd lane of the day, Bamford Steps (sk213839 to sk208837), although only very short, this is a steep decent into the village and the Anglers Rest pub for a spot of refreshment.

From Bamford we all headed out to the 4th lane, Shatton Moor (sk190824 to sk185825 then sk183821 to sk201815) Back down to the A625 at Sickelholm and a right turn at the traffic lights towards Hope. Just after the garden centre there’s a small sign for Shatton, which we missed. About turn and onwards. In Shatton there was a choice, over the ford to the shorter track, or up the hill to the longer one. Through the ford we went and then down a lane across a few fields, this being more of a farm track than anything to tricky. At the end of this track, and back on tarmac, a hard left and then a steep incline back onto the second track over Shatton Moor. Smallish rocks littered the path but nothing compared to the scale of Stanage, and the incline brought us out of the tree line into some amazing views over the top of the Hope Valley. This was one of the gentler lanes of the day, and a pleasant drive past a large number of people paragliding. As the track started to decent, Matt noticed a dirt hole on the side of the lane (sk189803), which gave us a few minutes of fun, for Gary (and the rest of us) to get dusty, and time for a cup of tea.

Back down into Shatton and time was starting to get on, so one last lane from the A57 to Ughill Moors (sk242884 to sk246904), this was by far the gentlest lane of the day, a nice grassy track, but again with views across the top of Rivelin Valley. By the time this last lane was finished, the time was 7pm, and time for people to depart home.

01553 845 945
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 17:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Very Happy
K.Goodwin
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pics  Very Happy
wish i could've made, ...more notice next time Matt!  Laughing

Twister wrote:
Always thought Troopers look their best in white

LTM 022
gary820
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know they're a few days late but here are some of the photos we took of the day (hope the link works!)
http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s201/gary820/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events - ideas, reviews and photos All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: