4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

ECU repairs by BBA Reman *BRILLIANT!*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Parts Suppliers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Topvaux
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:03    Post subject: ECU repairs by BBA Reman *BRILLIANT!* Reply with quote

I have just had the most remarkable service and would like to pass on the experience.

The Engine ECU (brain) of my 3.0 Trooper went tits-up. The price of a new one is about £1200.......!

I set about trying to find a secondhand one but was told that even if I found one it would be useless unless it had been "blanked" (had all the security, injector, VIN, etc. codes removed) with a Tech 2 unit prior to removal from the donor vehicle, and every scrappie will be doing that, won't he? Yea, right!

So, I found BBA Reman who said they'd have a look but couldn't promise anything until they'd seen it. I got my repairers to remove it and send it to them for me.

A couple of days later I had a call telling me they'd found the problem and the ECU was on its way back to my repairers for refitting, and the total charge for fixing and shipping was £150 + VAT. (Result or what?!)

Another couple of days and the repairers were on the phone telling me that they'd refitted it but when the ignition was turned on it went "POP" and smoke poured out of the ECU!

BBA Reman (a guy called Mark C) immediately offered to have it collected at their expense...... (good grief!?)

Another couple of days and I get a call from Mark C to say that the same component that had failed originally had gone again, but they had got two in when they got the last one for me so they would replace it and test it again.

Another couple of days and I get a call from Mark C to say that they had repaired it again and had subjected it to more intensive testing than before and that the blessed thing had gone again, but this was due to another fault they'd missed first time round. (OK, so this is when I can see the "£" signs spinning before my eyes....!) But he goes on to tell me that under the terms of their 2-year warranty (which I knew nothing about!) they would seek to fix it FOC! (Well, swipe me!!)

The next phone call was to say that upon closer examination the thing was beyond repair, whereupon they went out and found me a secondhand ECU and transferred the EPROM which contains all the security information from mine to it (saves all the "blanking" and recoding - clever, see??), tested it and sent it back to my repairers by courier again.

OK, in fairness to them, I'd paid £150 for the first repair which only involved the replacement of the one burned-out component so it would be fair enough that I should now pay the extra to fix what was a much deeper problem, wouldn't you think? Well, I thought so - but BBA Reman didn't!

I got ALL that extra work, REPLACEMENT ECU and ALL the shipping for my ORIGINAL £150.......... HOW FAIR IS THAT??

I seriously cannot remember the last time I came across an outfit like them - in fact, I can't remember EVER coming across an outfit like them!

Oh, yes, by the way - it works perfectly!

See their website: www.bba-reman.com and their phone number is 01634 230055  They don't just do ECU's, but air mass meters, throttle bodies, ABS units, Catalytic converters and who-knows-what!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:03    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Phil T

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 20:44    Post subject: Thanks for the post Reply with quote

I bought my SWB Trooper about 6 months ago from a friend out here in Naples, it had just returned from the garage after having its Injector sleeve, wiring harness, ceramic heater recall work done - Alledgedly.  Mad
It turns out they never did the recall work but they did charge my friend Euro 400 for the pleasure.  Evil or Very Mad
Anyway, now it won't start, the mechanics over here are scrathcing their heads and if it is a faulty ECU and if this place can fix it, I'll be driving it back home myself to have a decent UK Isuzu dealer do the work.

Can anyone recommend a good Isuzu dealer in the South of England, the nearer to Dover the better.

Again thanks for the site and the post and the help and all the advice.

Phil

Never Assume anything, It makes an Ass out of U & me
markymoan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 17:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Subaru/Isuzu come highly recomended  Very Happy
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can second that comment... I used the guys for work on my last motor - excellent service!
scj103
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 21:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone is following this or seeing it more recently, BBA-Reman are now asking over £300+ vat for a repaired ECU.
Not worth doing, when there are plenty around heading for scrap.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Parts Suppliers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: