2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

How long does the work take?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JeffH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 18:00    Post subject: How long does the work take? Reply with quote

Hi all,

We've just found out our Trooper (2001 Citation) needs the injector and ceramic heater recall work doing. Problem is we live on Arran and will have to get the car over to the mainland to be sorted. What we are hoping is that the work can be done inside of a day, i.e. we drop it off around 11am and pick it up around 5pm ready for the ferry home. Can anyone give me an idea of how long the work takes on average?

Also, we've found a few Isuzu dealers in a 50 mile radius but does anyone know of a dealer in Ayr, Kilmarnock or Irvine, i.e. local to Ardrossan that would carry out the work and who you'd recommend?

Incidentally, Isuzu couldn't have been more helpful, very pleasant and reassuring on the phone.

Thanks for any help.

Regards, Jeff.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 18:00    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jjtrooper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 22:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jeff,

Our injectors and sleeves took about 2 hours from start to finish. ceramic heater on our old trooper took about 20 minutes. Hope this helps a little.
JeffH

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

It certainly does help!  Once we are off the ferry, we are constantly watching the clock to make sure we have enough time to get back for the ferry home. This would make it feasable to organise in a day.

Many thanks for the help.
markymoan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 20:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you explain your problem to them, i'm sure they will get it done rather than mess about keeping it overnight  Smile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 22:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have to leave it overnight you never know you might get a courtesy car out of whoever does the work for you, Worth a try (I know it would be better same day)
JeffH

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

markymoan wrote:
Could you explain your problem to them, i'm sure they will get it done rather than mess about keeping it overnight  Smile

That's exactly what I will do Marky, just needed an idea from people who know before I ask the dealer and get the sharp intake of air through clenched teeth sound.

Most businesses are very accomodating to islanders and I'll be a bit cheeky and ask for a courtesy car to do a bit of shopping while we wait for our car. If it is an overnight job then that's just too bad, it will have to be.

Thanks for the advice chaps, very useful.

Regrads, Jeff.
JeffH

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 18:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Work gets done on 25th May (as long as the parts have arrived) and we get a courtesy car too Smile

Thanks for the advice everyone

Regards, Jeff.
markymoan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, Isuzu at its best  Very Happy
I bet the courtesy car is a Subaru  Laughing

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the recall work (Injectors/heater) was done yesterday and no problems.

A big thank you to S&S of Ayr for looking after us so well. They gave us a Subaru 3.0HL Legacy for the day to go off shopping and finished the Trooper bang on time to let me catch the ferry home, even gave her a wash and polish (I'd already done that in the morning  Smile )

No charge at all, I was so impressed I booked the Troop in for a full service +transmission fluids next month.

An even bigger thank you to ITOC an it's expert members, I would have been in the dark about any problems until the engine exploded, I honestly can't thank you lot enough.

Jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: