Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

3.1 Recall

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hard1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

reichew wrote:
Hi guys,

So, can anyone advice if imports are subjected to this recall?? Any ideas on what chassiss or engine number batch has been affected by this safety recall??

Cheers,
Ray

No, these (Bighorns) are "grey" or unofficial imports so will not be recalled and the chassis numbers will not match up with UK ones anyway....

Click HERE to see under my bonnet!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:22    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Tourist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

MartQ wrote:
I feel left out, I haven't had a letter.

Or are they not recalling imports?

Perhaps we're not import - ant  Rolling Eyes

Left out? That's should be MY line. In 3rd world, I will bet with anybody here that I will never get any letter.

So please, good people, tell me in more details what's this "ceramic" thing and how to actually go about solving it DIY. With details, I can get a local mechanic here to do it for me instead.

Thanks in advance
siweb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

This does affect the 3.1 bighorn as well....
But it'll be up to you's to get it sorted.

The connection on mine was A ok, but I sorted it anyway cos you never know. I would say though that if you once in a while unplug it, just to check the condition of the connector terminals.
If rust shows get it sorted.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

so after buying ours on monday this week how can we find out if this work has ever been done?

we have the big horn 3.1 on a 95 plate, would we be best to go into a dealer and have the vin number checked to see if any work has been over looked?

im thinking that one of the things the previous owners garage had done might be along the lone of what you are all talking about here, on start up, once placing the keys inthe ignition they have had a button fitted for the heater plugs which need pressing for 7 secoonds before fire up, and even then it produces a fair amount of white smoke. could this repair have been what they where talking abou t in the recall ?
markymoan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

A button for the glow plugs is a botch job, the recall refers to the wires to the ceramic heater in the warm air heating system that keeps you warm when your engine is still cold.
Also i think 7 seconds is to long, you may have blown a glow plug hence the white smoke on starting  Smile

Ps. just phone isuzu to see if the work has been done  Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 0:21    Post subject: recall Reply with quote

Hi this chap is not alone on the 3.1 td i have one of the last 3.1tds and have got a letter about the injectors and also about a heater multi block it can build up a resistence in the wires to it apparently and cause a fire so mine is going to westerway in northampton tomorrow and they are doing the work and are going to give it the once over on any other bits all FOC and mine is a 1998 so they must be worried that if they dont look out for the 3.1s aswell that the brown stuff could hit the fan for them maybe it is worth any other 3.1 owners to get on the isuzu im and get there's checked out.
the flower man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

as far as i can gather, all 3.1td import or not need the heater changed, am i right in saying this? mine is a bighorn and will not be recognised on the uk system. why are isuzu only fixing uk speck when they all need doing? they are all made in the same place?just coz my one is a gray import dosnt mean its not isuzu resposability as it was a disign falt from new.import or not.
going to have to fix it my self but how much are they?
markymoan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do Bighorns have the winter pack with the ceramic heater  Question
And its the first ive heard of a 3.1 injector recall  Shocked can you keep us informed please  Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky,mine has the winter pack, one battory though but has a ceramic heater (didgital climate control) (bighorn lotus se) hope there is no probs with the injectors?have read that its only the 3.0 with injection probs Wink
the flower man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

hear is the out side of mine

markymoan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats probably the difference, my ceramic heater works on the temp control dial so different wiring ?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 13:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

are may be? grandad told me there was a silly amout of relays in mine Rolling Eyes one for each function and all that. i dont think you would have the relays because you are switching the functions by hand mate. ceramic heater plug might be the same though and just the way it switches being the difference
markymoan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 14:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

The recall is not the heater itself its just to fit a block connector in the wiring, eithan or Grandad will know more, I'm that good with electrics that I still havnt fixed a bad earth on mine  Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 16:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

the fix for the ceramic heater wiring is a five minute job
there is a black and red wire quite thick visible from the drivers side look towards the clutch pedal (or where it would be)along the transmission tunnel at the bulkhead end there is a connector  this connector can get rusty and cause a bad connection  
the fix is the connection is cut out and the wires joined using a short piece of wire (the same thickness)joined with crimp connectors

there is no recall for 3.1TD injectors AFAIK

the other recall was for the front of the front bottom wishbone mounting point where it is welded to the chassis some of the welds were u/s causing cracking under stress situations
to check it clean round it with a wire brush and have a good look to see if the weld is ok
they didnt all suffer from this defect and some were rewelded at the factory
mukinfudy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 18:08    Post subject: recall Reply with quote

Hi just to bring you all up to speed as to what was done to my trooper ,trooper 3.1 1998 swb. right first the mechanic was inside the troop at the drivers side he replaced some wiring and changed a multi block they also changed the pollen filter f.o.c. dont know why and did not ask then he went under the bonnet he was at that for about 1hr and he had what looked like the metal fuel pipes in his hand and they went in the bin then guy came out about 20 mins l8r and asked me to sign a paper and sent me on my merry way they said i could borrow a car if i wanted so i could go into northampton town but it was only mile up the road and the walk did us good the fellow in charge Ian said my email address has been sent to dvlc and any further recalls if any notice would be sent to me by post or possibly email.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: