QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

3.1td won't start

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
^neo^

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 13:04    Post subject: 3.1td won't start Reply with quote

Hi all,

Looking for some advice on a little problem with a friends Trooper. I havent actually got the car with me yet, supposed to be dropped off later by the AA.

Has been in a local garage for the past 3 weeks (not too sure about their abilities!) to fix a non starting problem.

This is what i know so far.......

It started off as a problem where "occasionally" the car would not start. Would turn over fine, but not fire.

Now it seems engine turns over fine, but it appears the fuel pump isn't pumping. The garage seem to think it's the immobiliser (not sure whether they had them as standard or not?) and have had an auto electrician out who can't find the problem either (although he does sound a bit dubious too!)

Where should i be looking first?
Crank position sensor / fuel pump relay?

Thanks in advance for any help
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 13:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

mutlley

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 14:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello and welcome. can you give us some info on what age  of trooper/bighorn that your friend owns.

and iam sure you will get some ideas to try soon................ Laughing
^neo^

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've solved it  8)

It's a1997 model, and after a bit of looking around on it i found it didnt have an electric fuel pump, ecu or anything.

So put it down to the stop solenoid on the pump.

After 3 hrs with a die grinder managed to get the immobiliser unit and housing off the back of the pump and wire it back together.

Starts on the button now  8)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: