2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

horses

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other interests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
:::Matski:::
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grass is always greener Laughing
Suckin' Diesel Baby!

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jonathan63

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

the gloucestershire BHS is planing a horse trailer training day some time around june or july in the cheltenham area , plus we are haveing a TREC day at miserden park again this year as last years one went down well ,we had people from all around england and wales
kennymac
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonathan63 wrote:
the gloucestershire BHS is planing a horse trailer training day some time around june or july in the cheltenham area , plus we are haveing a TREC day at miserden park again this year as last years one went down well ,we had people from all around england and wales

I know it's against the law, but, anyone thinking of towing horses should be made to stand in a horsebox while it is towed by someone that knows what they are doing. That way they can feel what the horses have to put up with. Far too many a**eholes towing trailers at unreasonable speed for the road, then they wonder why Dobbin won't load! My guy's walk in with the lead rope over their neck, stand while you do up the breaching strap, close the door and walk round to the jockey door to tie them up.

Sorry rant over - pet hate - idiots road rallying with horse on tow Evil or Very Mad .
James Hoban

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

kennymac wrote:
jonathan63 wrote:

I know it's against the law, but, anyone thinking of towing horses should be made to stand in a horsebox while it is towed by someone that knows what they are doing. That way they can feel what the horses have to put up with. Far too many a**eholes towing trailers at unreasonable speed for the road, then they wonder why Dobbin won't load! My guy's walk in with the lead rope over their neck, stand while you do up the breaching strap, close the door and walk round to the jockey door to tie them up.

Sorry rant over - pet hate - idiots road rallying with horse on tow Evil or Very Mad .

I will second that, It drives me mad when either those towing are in a hurry or drivers around you are so desperate to get past they risk not only themselves but me and my horses.
jonathan63

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:33    Post subject: trailer towing Reply with quote

as we had a lot of people for the trailer towing the gloucestershire BHS is doing another one on the 26th of september
jonathan63

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 19:38    Post subject: mary king Reply with quote

on the 4th november www.horsesinsideout.com are putting on a talk at cirencester royal agricultural collage with mary King called "my life and horses" it should be very good as i have been to a number of www.horsesinsideout.com talks and demos ,more info on there web site or by phone 01159212648 ,

jonathan taylor   cheltenham and twekesbury area rep for the british horse society
Philp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="James Hoban/] I will second that, It drives me mad when either those towing are in a hurry or drivers around you are so desperate to get past they risk not only themselves but me and my horses.[/quote]

On the other hand it doesn't hurt if someone towing a horse box/livestock trailer pulls over every now and then and lets the trail of cars behind them past.  I see a lot of this with a huge trail of increasingly frustrated drivers sat behind a slow horsebox with the driver resolutely ignoring the ten car tail behind them driving past somewhere they could easily pull in for a couple of minutes to let the buildup past.  It works both ways. A 4x4 or pickup plus large horsebox is a big target to overtake especially on a country road.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
kennymac
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philp wrote:

On the other hand it doesn't hurt if someone towing a horse box/livestock trailer pulls over every now and then and lets the trail of cars behind them past.  I see a lot of this with a huge trail of increasingly frustrated drivers sat behind a slow horsebox with the driver resolutely ignoring the ten car tail behind them driving past somewhere they could easily pull in for a couple of minutes to let the buildup past.  It works both ways. A 4x4 or pickup plus large horsebox is a big target to overtake especially on a country road.

I quite agree, but the point I was trying to make is that so many of the people towing horses don't seem to have any real idea of what is going on in the trailer, as they tow it along like it contained a load of firewood.

With regard to the subject of que's of traffic, what I often find happens is that the driver of the car immediately behind the lorry/trailer/caravan etc is actually quite happy there and sits back a bit further and makes it even more difficult for all the others to overtake! WHAT DO THEY WANT, A WRITTEN INVITATION??? you would hear me growl at least four times a day (at work, 17m+ lorry and drawbar trailer, two return journeys - at least once per journey) were you in a position to hear me. I can be very imaginative when it comes to letting cars past because I realise that not everyone wants to travel at the same speed I do.
jonathan63

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 13:30    Post subject: horses inside out Reply with quote

i have just bought the new DVD from horses inside out at your horse live as i have the book the DVD is very good and easy to follow and under stand it is a must for all horse owners and riders as it will help you to under stand your horse better
richard wilkinson

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 21:49    Post subject: Re: horses inside out Reply with quote

jonathan63 wrote:
i have just bought the new DVD from horses inside out at your horse live as i have the book the DVD is very good and easy to follow and under stand it is a must for all horse owners and riders as it will help you to under stand your horse better

yep we went there today quite a good day for the mrs anyway  Rolling Eyes
me carnt stand crowds
jonathan63

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:26    Post subject: Re: horses inside out Reply with quote

richard wilkinson wrote:
jonathan63 wrote:

me carnt stand crowds

Hi Richard    hope the wife spent alot of your money  jonathan
richard wilkinson

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 20:50    Post subject: Re: horses inside out Reply with quote

jonathan63 wrote:
richard wilkinson wrote:
jonathan63 wrote:

me carnt stand crowds

to ******* much bl**dy horses
some nice birds there though  Laughing
kennymac
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 16:29    Post subject: Re: horses inside out Reply with quote

richard wilkinson wrote:

I take it you don't mean of the feathered variety Wink  Laughing
jonathan63

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:16    Post subject: Re: horses inside out Reply with quote

richard wilkinson wrote:
jonathan63 wrote:
richard wilkinson wrote:
jonathan63 wrote:

me carnt stand crowds

Hi Richard yes there was some very nice birds there roll on next years and start saving for you wife to spend
jonathan63

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 16:23    Post subject: horse rugs Reply with quote

hello to all you horse owners i have found a new horse rug company called Ruggles they do some very good rugs and cheep www.ruggles-horse-rugs.co.uk and if you quote GLOUC01 you get an extra 10% off the price ,it is worth checking them out and they fit very well
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other interests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: