All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

hi lift jacks

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Webby

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 14:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

For my money i'd buy a 90/110 adaptor to go with the jack and then i'd make up a couple of recievers for it front and rear.  The front one could be bolted on to the towing eye mounting and the rear to the tow bar.  Not quite sure of the diminsons of the 90/110 adaptor but i'd use 25mm box for the reciever.  It may even be possible to use thick wall box.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 14:41    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

dxmedia

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 14:46    Post subject: Re: Jack Points Reply with quote

the|stu wrote:
So has anyone managed to figure out a safe jacking point for the hilift jacks on a trooper yet ?

I saw that excellent post on the rock sliders that bloke in america fabricated, could you safely jack from a point on one of those ?

I've bought one and I'm currently scratching my head attempting to figure how I'm going to mount it onto the spare wheel, as so far I don't have a roof rack Sad

You can buy slings which go over the wheel for lifting a corner in the air - Not very handy for changing the wheel - but if you need to unstick yourself look kinda useful...

http://www.arbil4x4.co.uk/product_detail.php?id=37

01553 845 945
the|stu

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

:::Matski::: wrote:
You can jack of rock sliders. They are worth it for that alone.

I am going to make a pair for mine with jacking being one of the main reasons Very Happy

Right !

Sounds like a plan you have there mate  Very Happy

My jack has just arrived and I've been standing there pondering how to attach the swine.

Having felt the weight of it 'in real life' I feel a hell of a lot less confident about making a bracket to mount it onto the spare wheel. Seems like you'd be putting a hell of an amount of stress onto those door hinges.

Being as my trooper is fairly stock I can think of no other way of getting it on there other than getting a roof rack on the go.

My trooper is a mk4 so a roof rack's not going to be as straight forward as I'd like.

My father was an engineer for 30 years and although we don't own any welding kit, we know a mechanic who can weld pretty much anything and also has all the equipment for bending pipes to exacting measurements. So I'm well up for getting some sliders fitted for the same reason as yourself. I doubt I'll ever be actually using sliders the way some guys do but I would use them purely as a jacking point.

So I need help !! Can anyone tell me what roof rack a Mk4 SWB can take and if a set of mounting brackets can be easily obtained / fabricated ?
Philp

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 18:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a five foot Jackall from when I owned a series landy.  I have aproper rack for it.  I don't see why you couldn't mount it on the small door rather than on the spare wheel as then there'll be less leverage on the hinges.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
K.Goodwin
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

the|stu wrote:

So I need help !! Can anyone tell me what roof rack a Mk4 SWB can take and if a set of mounting brackets can be easily obtained / fabricated ?

If you (carefully) prise up the plastic strips that run down each side of the roof (from front to rear) underneath there, there are 3 pairs of tapped holes, M6. they're hidden under a piece of painted masking tape. but they're there  Wink

not a big job to knock up some mounts, and make your own rack.

Twister wrote:
Always thought Troopers look their best in white

LTM 022
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: