QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Getting Very Warm When Towing 3.0 TD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonny m

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 22:04    Post subject: Getting Very Warm When Towing 3.0 TD Reply with quote

HELLO

AFTER SOME ADVICE

JUST BEEN AWAY TO NORFOLK TOWING TWO HORSES ANYWAY ON THE WAY THERE IT STARTED TO OVERHEAT WHEN UNDER LOAD (GOING UP HILLS ECT)
AND AT A CONSTANT SPEED AT ABOUT 55 MPH OR 2000RPM YOU COULD SEE SHE WAS RUNNING WARMER THAN NORMAL BUT NO MORE THAN ABOUT 2/3 UP THE GAUGE THOUGHT IT WAS THE RARE WARM WEATHER

GOT THERE WENT TO A FARM AND BLOWED THE RAD OUT AND THEN FOR GOOD MEASURE PREASURE WASHED IT AS WELL GOT ALOT OF MUCK OUT THOUGHT I WAS ON TOP OF THE JOB
BUT ON THE WAY HOME IT WAS JUST THE SAME THE ONLY WAY TO KEEP TEMP DOWN WAS TO HAVE HEATERS ON FLAT OUT  NOT GOOD ON A HOT DAY
PLEASE HELP CHEERS Laughing
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 22:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jonny m

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 22:08    Post subject: Re: Getting Very Warm When Towing 3.0 TD Reply with quote

jonny m wrote:
HELLO

AFTER SOME ADVICE

JUST BEEN AWAY TO NORFOLK TOWING TWO HORSES ANYWAY ON THE WAY THERE IT STARTED TO OVERHEAT WHEN UNDER LOAD (GOING UP HILLS ECT)
AND AT A CONSTANT SPEED AT ABOUT 55 MPH OR 2000RPM YOU COULD SEE SHE WAS RUNNING WARMER THAN NORMAL BUT NO MORE THAN ABOUT 2/3 UP THE GAUGE THOUGHT IT WAS THE RARE WARM WEATHER

GOT THERE WENT TO A FARM AND BLOWED THE RAD OUT AND THEN FOR GOOD MEASURE PREASURE WASHED IT AS WELL GOT ALOT OF MUCK OUT THOUGHT I WAS ON TOP OF THE JOB
BUT ON THE WAY HOME IT WAS JUST THE SAME THE ONLY WAY TO KEEP TEMP DOWN WAS TO HAVE HEATERS ON FLAT OUT  NOT GOOD ON A HOT DAY
PLEASE HELP CHEERS Laughing
ALSO HAD MORE SMOKE THAN NORMAL AT AROUND 2500/3000RPM BUT SHE WAS PULLING A CAR FULL AND ABOUT 2500KG OF TRAILER AND HORSES
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 23:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

they used to suffer with the rad blocking up inside which only used to show on a good run. change the rad and i bet it cures it
sbhep

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 23:29    Post subject: 3.0 getting hot when towing Reply with quote

Hi I have exactly the same problem with mine

also my engine has only done 2,000 mile after it got renewed for blowing up

talked to a mechanic today and he said thermostat, not sure were that is or how to check it

I wonder if the viscus fan is working I am going to get it hot then see if spins

have you tryed anything else

cheers

simon
Jack

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF you suspect the thermostat, simply remove it, put the housing back together then run the car as normal.  It will take longer than normal to warm up.  If the problem is a stuck thermostat, your unit should run fine and not heat up.
sbhep

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:43    Post subject: getting hot when towing 3.0TD Reply with quote

Removed the thermostat

I was supprised only took 1/2 an hour

Put a 1 ton lowlowder trailer on then added a LWB trooper
for good measure.....basicaly around 3 ton

Hit the motorway and hills at 70 mph and worked the engine hard

Preveiuosly temp went off the scale, and only way to cool down was have heater on full

THIS TIME BIG BIG IMPROVEMENT TEMP ONLY WENT TO 3/4

So think I am cured, however still suspect the viscus fan abit

As even at 3/4 on temp gauge when stop the engine can easily turn the fan by hand

Surely at this heat it should be gripping the shaft alot more

Anyway recommend anyone with simalar prob to try the thermstat first

Thanks
eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like your rad is blocked the temp gauge doesn't normally move
TimBanham
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
sounds like your rad is blocked the temp gauge doesn't normally move

I'd go with what Ethan says - you shouldn't see the temp move - Check your rad at the bottomw between Air con condensor rad and normal rad - mine was full of *beep* from when I went off roading and only way to clear it was to take it out and clean it
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

i meant inside but check what tim said about as well
davehodge999

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 20:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

youre fan probably not lock up because there is insufficient heat been drawn out of youre rad ie its blocked internally
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: