Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Underbody Protection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jurrasic1412

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 23:13    Post subject: Underbody Protection Reply with quote

Well after well and truly giving my new toy a good testing at the weekend,,i found 3 main problems,,

1.Ground clearance due to it being standard
2.No protection apart from the gear box plate
and the last 1 upset me the most really,,,

THERE WAS A SHORTAGE OF LANDROVERS OUT WITH US TO HUMILIATE..

Now i am sure that the first couple can be answered here,,the suspension is a no brainer really and having read and re read the threads on here,it seems a relatively straight forward mod for just a couple of inch lift but what kind of price can i expect to pay for the bits,,,will do the work myself so labour is not an issue,,

Also,,where can I get belly pans from or does anyone have any plans for a self build plate??
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 23:13    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

gary820
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 0:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

have a look under title of gearbox skid plate in this modification section  Wink  or in my garage section,
i use 6mm thick ally chequer plate under my engine and 'box, custom made job might give you some ideas of what you might be looking for!! i've not bent it yet just minor damage, cost me less then £50 for the ally and have it bent to shape.  Very Happy
jurrasic1412

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 21:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for that mate,,,thats exactly the kinda thing i am after,,can soon get hold of the materials but getting it bent might be another issue,,,was it somewhere in york u got urs done and if so,,do you have any contacts etc
gary820
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 0:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

got mine done in york, ian scott fabrications on the raylor centre 01904430005
i had a template i made up for them, had someone else pm me earlier about the armour  Shocked
if your in no rush could use mine as a template (can't say it'll be straight tho) but got a few events lined up and i kinda need to leave it on!!! only removed it on monday to do the service!!
gary820
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 0:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incase anyone wants to know here is the basic spec of my sump/gearbox plate. i had to have it bent at an engineers and drilled for the mounting holes. i made a template at the time to get the holes right. if wanted next time got it off i could measure angles and where holes are etc but like said won't be for few weeks at least and i've only just done the service!! typical isn't it!!??

my plate is 115cm long and 49cm wide. made from 6mm thick chequer plate.
it mounts to the very front panel (2 holes in it) had to drill the cross member under engine sump area, and it bolts to the cross member using exsisting threaded holes. i'm still using the original transfer box gaurd bolted over the top of the plate, i found when the chequer plate was covering the tranfer box it got caught when reversing and could get stuck on it so cut it down!
just to note the plate rests against the front diff
jurrasic1412

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that Gary,,I kinda hoped you were gonna tell me it was scotts that did it cos thats where i was thinking of trying,,,I am in no rush whatso ever at the mo,,not going to be doing much for a while,,certainly nothing to concern me without the protection anyway,,

And thanks again,,a template would be fantastic!!!!
gary820
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 22:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i know i don't need it i'll un bolt it and sort something with you to take it to get a copy made, selling my house at the mo so bit hectic!
at the time if any one else is interested could get a few made up?? i really can't say mine will be straight tho already taken a lot of abuse so could be the mounting holes need some adjusting to fit another trooper!
jurrasic1412

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i am sure that aint too big a problem to cope with,,the general shape and size etc and where the bends go are the main issues i think,,,will have a chat to you sometime about it if thats ok mate,,,
gary820
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 23:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah we'll sort something out not like your far away!!
jurrasic1412

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 0:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

very very true,,,often down your way dropping cars off at ford or rally repaints,,,so yeah,,kinda know where selby is!!

lmao
gary820
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 0:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

i work in york and moving back there soon so either way we'll sort it mate!
jurrasic1412

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 0:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

no probs mate and thanks  Very Happy  Very Happy
gary820
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to let you know my armour is very non trooper shape at the mo  Embarassed  took a really big hit in a rock gulley, managed to bend it right up and break a mounting bolt!!! will check the extent of it tomorrow at work on a ramp!!!
jurrasic1412

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 13:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooooooooooppppssssss,,,,dont suppose that really was supposed to happen now was it???

Sounds like you had fun tho,,,where were you?
gary820
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

no didn't intend it happening  Shocked i was at Tong Fest marshalling.
checked it over today was quite bent but has bashed into shape and put some new bolts in, i'll get langdale out of the way, 16th september if your up for it?  Wink  and i'll take it off and sort out with you to make a copy, i wanna get a price for making it in steel now anyway!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: