4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Woodlands 4x4 fun days in Kent.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The PIG

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:58    Post subject: Woodlands 4x4 fun days in Kent. Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I go off roading every month to Woodlands and i am the only person in a Trooper. The next event is sunday 5th of september, so if any of you live in that region come along and we can meet up there, for more information visit: www.woodlands4x4.ic24.net
I will be in a white short wheel base.

Looking forward to seeing other troopers
Jack.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:58    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Paul Rainbow

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 13:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been there a lot in the past (OK, so I was in my Landy) and haven't seen you about. How is it now? Couple of mates reported problems with our Travelling Friends last time, and the course was not as good as it was (which it was - very good!)

Let me know as I fancy going there again some time.
The PIG

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 22:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about not replying sooner, was on holiday. You probably did not see me before because i was in my old landy. The course is still good and is worth going
Paul Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 17:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you go Sunday? Was it any good?
The PIG

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i did go on sunday and yes it was good they have changed a few bits there. There was also another trooper there but i only saw it once and didn't speak to the owner. Will you go next month 3rd oct
Paul Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 13:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will take my Series up there if I can. Keep an eye on this post and I'll keep you informed.
spottedhaggis

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 0:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just purchased a 1992 3.1TD bighorn LWB, and I really like the idea of taking my 9 year old and 5 year old out for some 4x4, I am green to say the least, never driven a 4x4 before.

These white rides, are they hilly and such, I mean I would go for the white rides, but if they are flat with only a few pot holes, well, hell I can get that driving through some of the streets in maidstone, lol so want a little excitment with little danger of damage or getting stuck, I am sure you get my drift

Its a non modified version, though it has enormous wheels on it, and seems like nearly 10 inches or more between the wheel arch and the wheel iself, so would it be suitable (has fairly chunky ish wheels on it, not like a car would have)
The PIG

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 18:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

No you wont do any damage as long as you take it easy and dont do too much, just have fun, and be sensible, do what you want and dont get sucked into other people trying to pursuade you to more challenging things,
you'll kids will love it and so will you,
where bouts r you? near woodlands?
spottedhaggis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 0:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in Maidstone, so not far at all, 20 miles or so.

My isuzu has side steps, I am loathe to remove them so will the easy tracks be ok with these still on, its still pretty high off the ground. It is fitted with 245/75/16 tyres, BFGoodridge all terrain tyres, so pretty high up
spottedhaggis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 0:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of trying for the 2nd of october, not really done it before so looking forward to it, and I am sure kids will love it as well
The PIG

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 16:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea your car will be fine on the whites,maybe some reds if you feel confident,but look at similar cars to yours when you're there and see what they do, take it easy,
My old man used to take his lovely 1991 MK1 round,(the car i have now) and never damaged it,
spottedhaggis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you give me an idea on what the wites are, reds etc, what to expect. I am keen to do some harsh stuff, but with kids not too harsh, but you know, try things out, what I dont want to do is simply drive over a few slight grassy hills and a couple small puddles, cos thats pointless, lol
spottedhaggis

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 0:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the wife has given me the go to spend 20 quid on this so I will see u there, look for the isusu that is in my pic signature.
spottedhaggis

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to meet up with you, you can help me to understand a few of the basics, which gears etc, like I said I am, very new to this. and as this is my main vehicle cant afford to damage it by selecting wrong gears and such.
The PIG

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 15:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for late reply, computer went wrong every time i went to reply on this area.
Whites are nothing more then a few bumbs, and ruts, very easy to do, with no damage at all, but you still get the car dirty Very Happy
Red are a bit more extreme, little pits etc.., bumbier then whites,but still no damage to car really, also, little bit harder but still good

I cant be there sorry, as I'm in russia, all you want is Low Ratio 4wd and mainly use 2nd gear if steep hills,going up or down go into 1st gear let the engine do the breaking. One thing to be aware of when doing pits is the overhang, make sure you don't ground, don't go mad and just have fun 8)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: