Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Milners oil Filter and service kit ??? confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SVB1780

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:02    Post subject: Milners oil Filter and service kit ??? confused Reply with quote

Hi gents just spoke to Milners for a service filter kit at which point i was asked the lenght of my wait for it !!`oil filter`
I cannot tell at the moment as we are dressed to go out for the day and the car is in the garage so it guessed my ITOC contacts may be able to shed a little light in the subject for my late 1996(face lift) 3.1 tdi Bighorn.(lwb)

I was unaware there was to sizes and for what reason ??
are these kits any good ?
further recommendations ?
oil type when i get around to doing it?

cheers lads
Scott
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

lotustower

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has been some issue with people getting the wrong size filter on other threads, Milner's knew whch was the correct size for mine as I have bought the kits from them for years.  I order several at a time to save on the postage, as we get through the miles during the summer.

The filter kits are great value, and if you're doing one why not do them all.
SVB1780

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 13:10    Post subject: oil filter size confusion Reply with quote

Of course i agree,
It did however seem very strange that they where asking me which size it was ? I have tried to measure it and i think it is the 6 inch one
i need to get it right as i live in Portugal !!!
shinz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two sizes of filter for 3.1 Bighorns & for your one you PROBABLY need the longer skinner one which came in from mid 95 but there are exceptions to this. This has a length of about 160mm & width just over 80mm, the earlier one is shorter & fatter, about 120mm long by 100mm wide (estimated), the OE part no for the long skinny ones is 8-97116667-0. Milners should be able to supply you with the right one if you can give them a measurement. The long skinny ones are easier to change too. If yours is one of these, I'm sure others on the site would be keen to know what is supplied by Milners as they've been hard to come by, by all accounts.
Steve.
Philp

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 14:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just ordered a filter kit for a 98 3.1 and it has an oil filter that is about 90mm diameter and 120mm long.  I haven't looked at the engine to see whats on there yet so I hope its the right one as I have three of the buggers.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
SVB1780

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 18:40    Post subject: Filter Size ?? Reply with quote

Cheers for the info and part number i will see if i can find a part number on mine and make my order tomorrow
i guess by looking it is the long thin one.
It may take a week or so but i will post a reply with the modle/part number from milners if it is indeed a sucsess
thanks again everyone hopefully we can clear all this up finally....
ill be in touch
All the best

Scott
shinz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philp wrote:
I've just ordered a filter kit for a 98 3.1 and it has an oil filter that is about 90mm diameter and 120mm long.  I haven't looked at the engine to see whats on there yet so I hope its the right one as I have three of the buggers.

Philp, that sounds like the size for the short fat filter aka  Fram PH5190 equivalent, OE # 8943604270, my measurements were a bit out & those figures you give agree with our local filter supplier website. It is by no means certain that all late 95 & later are the long skinny ones, there seems to be a fair bit of variabilioty in this, why I don't know. Confused
Steve.
Philp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've just changed it and it was the right one for my 98.  Maybe they were using up a supply of the older filter housings before they moved to the 3.0L engine, that kind of thing does happen with motor manufacturers sometimes.  Firts/last of the line often have odd bits and bobs.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
Grandad

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

the thin filter and the fat filter both fit the threads are the same and the hosing they screw on to will take either
Grandad

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

for hosing read housing  Embarassed
DYLAN

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to save myself a run to milners (about 9 miles from me) today so went to local motor factors to price filters, After a lot of messing with a computer air filter was not in stock they could get one in this afternoon @ £23 OUCH, oil filter about £4 and fuel filter £11.75. So £38.75. As you might guess i went to Milners and they are now doing all 3 filters for a tenner plus VAT, So in all it cost me £11.75. I know they did the deals on paj/shogun but this is the first time i've know the deal on the Isuzu especially the 3.2. WELL DONE MILNERS  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT
cowman
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 18:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have been fitting the long skinny one on my 93 bghorn for 4years it had the fatter one on it when i brought it but is more dificult to change ,the thin one is the same as the 3.0 one i was told and is the same thread ,maybe grandad could confirm if this is right,but it works on mine
Grandad

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 0:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats right Cowman the thin one was also fitted to the later 3.1`s but they are interchangeable
auto

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
DYLAN wrote:
I tried to save myself a run to milners (about 9 miles from me) today so went to local motor factors to price filters, After a lot of messing with a computer air filter was not in stock they could get one in this afternoon @ £23 OUCH, oil filter about £4 and fuel filter £11.75. So £38.75. As you might guess i went to Milners and they are now doing all 3 filters for a tenner plus VAT, So in all it cost me £11.75. I know they did the deals on paj/shogun but this is the first time i've know the deal on the Isuzu especially the 3.2. WELL DONE MILNERS  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

If only i knew that 10 minutes ago! rofl! Rolling Eyes

Just got one off fleabay for (air filter) for £7 delivered. I was quoted today from mill autos (local factor) £39.99 + vat!!! So after politely telling them that i couldnt bring myself to make them part with something so valuable, i went elsewhere!

Also on my fleabay expedition found a rear light, and the chap is going to throw in the connections as well, for £25 delivered!

So all in all i am happy! Very Happy  (There was a Trooper Breaker there who wanted £70 + vat for rear light!! lol!).......i think they are only about £45 brand new!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: