4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Location of coolant temp sensor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inoutermngl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:01    Post subject: Location of coolant temp sensor Reply with quote

I'm trying to find the CTS on my 91 Big Horn 3.2 DOHC.  I've been at it for a few hours now.  Embarassed   Anyone able to help?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:01    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

boritz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's in the top of the cast-aluminium coolant crossover pipe at the rear of the right-bank cylinder head (driver's side for UK/Australia).

The coolant sensor is the one closer to the wing (mud-guard/fender), the other sensor is the temperature gauge sender.

The CTS is item #260 in Figure 0-60 at myisuzuparts-dot-com 1992 TROOPER - ENGINE - ENGINE ELECTRICAL CONTROL PARTS
(I haven't been a member long enough to post an image - which is rather frustrating!).
inoutermngl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:55    Post subject: Thanks but I need a little more info Reply with quote

That's a great web site and picture.  Thank you so much. However, I must have some serious mental deficiencies because I still don't see it.  Do I need to remove the Distrubutorless Ignition System to see and access?  Or do I access it from under the engine?  I know I sound like and idiot.  Sorry.
boritz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's very hard to get at - sqeezed between the engine and the firewall.

Try using a torch and small mirror from above - you won't see it from below.

I don't know if your DIS assembly is in the way - I believe it's mounted on the rear of the DOHC? Mine is a SOHC and the DIS is mounted on the front!
inoutermngl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:47    Post subject: A big job Reply with quote

I found it.  The CTS on this model is way in the back behind the DIS and the intake manifold.  And down quite a ways. I have my work cut out for me.  Thanks for your help.
boritz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries mate  Very Happy - have fun  Shocked

Let us know how you get on  Question
inoutermngl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 15:10    Post subject: Thanks for your help Reply with quote

Boritz, Thanks for your help.  

I replaced the sensor and the truck is working fine.  It is hard to get to and I had to remove the Intake Manifold, and even then had to reach it with extensions.  I got a used part to replace it.  So $20 and 3 days later my car is running well.
Very Happy
boritz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 22:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done  Very Happy .

It's always obvious that design engineers only consider ease of factory assembly and not repairs/maintenance  Evil or Very Mad .

I'd like to send some of them into the bush with a standard tool kit and make them work on the vehicles they designed  Twisted Evil .

This, of course, applies to all makes - not just Isuzu.

By the way, what prompted you to replace the coolant sensor  Question
boritz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 23:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's OK inoutermngl - I found your thread at http://www.itocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8564&highlight= which explains it  Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: